Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Ups and downs

The new photo site is coming along quite well; seems like new features are being opened on an almost daily basis, and stuff that has been working for a long time is being added to and improved. I am becoming excited about it, and I am not easily excitable when it comes to computer stuff. The owner hopes to have it ready for new users by early January, and he may well reach that goal. More later.
----
I had another near sleepless night which was almost unproductive. I did think of a new plot twist for a story I have been working on for close to a year. This is the first one on which I've hit a blank wall right smack-dab in the middle of creating. I know what I want to say, but it is being a bitch to put together. Could be because I've never before written about marital infidelity and murder. Murder is pretty easy, but infidelity is tricky and has to be handled delicately; I damn sure don't want to tell on anyone, particularly humble myself. Good spousal dalliances have to be fun for the perpetrators and exciting for the readers. Whew, I'm becoming aroused just thinking of writing about it.
----
How unlucky can you poor, poor dears be? My internet is down and you may not be able to read this for sometime. Fortunately my ScribeFire blog creator allows me to write even when Firefox web browser is offline. We are having extreme wind conditions today; probably about as strong as I've ever seen. We were smack in the middle of hurricane Hugo's wrath about 20 years ago, and in Opal's path in the 90's, but their gusts weren't this bad. I guess I'll go watch tv while we still have electric; Directv has never failed me in the 11 years I've been a subscriber ... as long as we have power, that is ... and the power went off! The lights went dark at 3:00pm and just came on at 4:20. Still no phones or internet. This weather seems to be coming from the southwest; I'm beginning to believe someone in Texas doesn't like me.

2 comments:

Mark said...

It will interesting to see the new photo site. Hopefully it works out well.

Seems there is lots of bad weather around. We seem to be getting a bunch of rain so far the fall/winter. Its El Nino coming to get us.

Anonymous said...

The new site is going to be a bit different from most of them.

We had 90mph gusts yesterday and thousands of homes are still without power. Our phones are still down.

Blog Archive