Saturday, December 12, 2009

Maggie's Day




Happy Birthday, Maggie
! Have fun on your birthday safari.
----
It is just too darn cold to go out for photo-making. I still want to get some night shots in Jonesborough before Christmas, but I ain't going to freeze my cajones to do it.
----
I just learned that beginning tomorrow the new photo site will have the storefronts ready for us testers. I don't have any photos worth selling, so I will have to wait and see what everyone else is doing before I have a Grand Opening. I know the artists will be marketing photos and photoshopped work, but some of us are snap-shooters just like on Flickr and probably could not give our stuff away even if there was a toilet paper shortage. If you are wondering about transferring photos from Flickr to the new place, it is a "no, you cannot", at least not right away. For one thing, Flickr has rules about how you share YOUR photos from your account to anywhere else. Read the fine print. Anyway, when the site goes public, I believe there will be a free trial period for prospective new members; won't hurt to give it a look-see.
----
The Smoking Gun's
Mug Shots of the Week!
----


2 comments:

Mark said...

Well I am looking forward to a new photo site. Many Flickr's users have shared pictures on other sites. They may be the biggest site on the web but there many people who are unhappy with the Yahoo "takeover" and Flickr's seemingly random enforement of their Terms of Service.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.
While there are obvious similarities between Flickr and the new site, The new one is owned and will be run by a professional photographer(unless it becomes popular and someone should buy him out, say someone like Google). There are comment boxes, faves, and even an Explore, but it is much different than the one on Flickr. Should be fun. I think it will cost a bit more than Flickr after the free trial is over, but there is much more there. Serious photographers like you will get the most out of it, I believe.

Blog Archive