Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post holiday blews


Skipper on zinnia

I hope each of you had a superbly wonderful Christmas with enough food and love for you and everyone dear to you. I also hope you received meaningful gifts, either of a material or spiritual nature.
----
I may take a few days off (but probably not) while I figure out what kind of tall tales and outright lies I can spring on you in the coming year. I consider all of you as part of my family, and you deserve my best excuses and rationalizations. Well, there is always politics to fall back on in slack creative times. I don't do religion as much as I used to although I still enjoy thinking about it. Unlike politics, I can pick apart religion without becoming mad at the institution whereas our public servant's exploits send me into a feeding frenzy.
----
Good luck to friend Alice as she enters into the world of capitalism; she is apparently becoming an entrepreneur in the world of candy making. I can say one thing in her favor; candy sells even in the worst economies, and if she is good at making candy (I'd bet my bloomers that she is very good), and if she does some shrewd marketing and selling on the net, she will be most successful. She isn't a quitter. Again, best of luck if and when you decide to give it a try, Alice.
----
I have several butterfly photos from 2008 which I haven't posted anywhere, so I will put a few of them on the blog along with other pics of various things.
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, I just like when you are writing about your life, your friends, your childhood, your youth, Tennessee, Carolyn... I also like when you present us your literary stories, your poems, and your photos. Everything is interesting. I also try to understand all these matters which are strictly American.

It's nice to read that you treat us as a part of your family.:-)

Happy Sunday, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jola.

I am feeling melancholy at the present, and not very creative. Hope to be my unusual self in a day or two. I try to write using concepts that will not be too foreign for you and anyone else who has never lived in N. America. I hope I succeed more than I fail. I think there should a spoken universal language, but if there was, I would probably be too lazy to learn it.

Have a wonderful Sunday, Jola. Good night, my friend.

Mark said...

At little time away from too much blogging is not a bad thing at all.
Sometimes just a quick little note to say hi is fine.

There are many times I have no real idea what I want to write about. I have start many posts then scraped them because I thought they were too mean, vile, filthy and so on.

Anonymous said...

The main reason I try to write each day is this bit of dyslexia; if I do not write, it quickly becomes very difficult to do so.

Sometimes we can vent steam at a pc keyboard and monitor. Most people who know and care for us and what we stand for will understand, and the ones that do not can come back some other day if they need the fix we provide.

Blog Archive