Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Heraklion dreaming




I got all the preliminary work done with the spreadsheets, but it will take a bit of time to fine tune them. I long ago made most templates, so the going wasn't too bad. I'll have to look through the new laws and regulations and when Uncle Sam sends the new income tax withholding tables and the state sends the new unemployment insurance rates, I will be good for awhile. I've already downloaded the early Tax Act income tax preparation program, and sometime in the first week of January the final version will be released. Dread and despair.
----
Today will be the beginning of doing year and quarterly taxes, a daunting task for an elderly cripple. I've never spent a winter in a place of warm weather, but it seems logical I should do so and the weather forecast is saying rain, snow, and very cold for the next week at least. The weather in Crete looks to be much better than what we have here and I've always wanted to visit there. I suppose I will just have to look at photos of warm places on Flickr and daydream. Sigh ...
----
Britney Spears has a new line of scents on the market; I just wonder what they smell like. I've been using Liz Taylor's Passion cologne and aftershave for years, but I am now completely sick of it. I may as well use my pennies to prop up another beautiful loser.
----


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best is Cretan spring, such months like April and May. Cretan winter is v. rainy, my friend. I should return to the photos of this island. Most of them I haven’t posted yet. I have still many - and not published - photos o f Heraklion. I have - not posted - beautiful photos of Cretan flowers.

Well, I’m so tired lately, my friend. I have so many office duties. My evenings (which I can spend at home) are so short. And now - 1. half of January - I have intensive rehabilitation. I also worry about my "pro" account. I can't pay for it by my Polish card VISA. It's strange. I used this card without any problems in different European countries(Greece, Italy, Austria, Hungary)

Administrator (manager) of American website doesn't like me, I think. And my money too? ;-))

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at the weather conditions in Crete, and it is clear and mild. You are correct; the best time to go is spring when the weather is good and there are not as many tourists. Please post your photos; I am running out os decent summer stuff to post.

Please take care of your health, my friend. You have but one life.

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm fresh here. I hit upon this message board I find It quite useful and its helped me a great deal. I hope to contribute & support other users like it has helped me.

Cheers all, See Ya About.

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya im new here. I stumbled upon this site I have found It truly accessible and it's helped me loads. I hope to give something back & support other users like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Later

Blog Archive