Monday, December 28, 2009

Her rear-end




The last week of December and the first week in January are always busy for me. This week I will prepare new spreadsheets for next year, and next week I start bringing together this year's records. I procrastinate until April 1st and then sweat over tax forms. Today was spent mostly running errands, the main one was changing workman's comp insurance companies. Seems like these guys are in the business of screwing small businesses. Our first comp. company tried to beat us out of nearly $1,000 over a period of three years. I turned then in to the state insurance commissioner and Carolyn received a check for the full amount. They also canceled her policy. The next one tried to beat us out of $80 - $100 each year and I also turned them in. She finally got a check from them for $48, so we now have canceled that policy on our own. These companies are example of Wall Street at its best.
----
Mark left a comment saying Carolyn would probably laugh about the vibrator incident, and maybe she would have if I hadn't sent her to an auto maintenance shop to have one of the vans lubricated and the oil changed. I told her to tell them to be sure to check the rear-end (differential) for the correct amount of grease because it had been making a noise. She went in and told them her rear end was making a noise and for them to be sure to grease it. From what I understand, it was a real LOL! occasion for the workers. Of course I again caught hell.
----

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Having 2 brothers who are diesel mechanics and a bit wild... that comment made by poor Carolyn would have set them off. She should smack you upside the head with her vibrator for sending her into the lion's den time and time again.. but I'm sure she expects this from you, no?

Good luck preparing to give away your money to Uncle Sam. I hate that part of January. Me scurring to get all the papers in order and Mike swearing a the Excel spreadsheets. In the end we sit on pins and needles to find out how much we didn't save last year and how much of our "savings" gets flushed out the door. Sigh.

I'll be off work the rest of this week (without pay of course). I'm traveling over to my brother's place tomorrow night to pick my neices (11 and 14). They will spend the rest of the week with Aunt Tammy. I plan to do some cooking with them, take them to the JAX zoo, and get my seeds started for spring. Hopefully I'm not too old any more to be cool in their eyes.

I'm looking forward to the time off and some good family time. Good week to you all. No drinking and driving. Like I tell my kids.. if it is after midnight stay where you are or call me!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

To tell the honest truth, I didn't realize what I'd done until she had already gone into the tire store. When the OMG hit me, I thought about going inside as quickly as I could and try to catch her before she said anything, but then I knew it would make it worse if she had already said it. This time I took my medicine like a man.

I'm getting too old for this tax stuff; it is for the young and brave.

I hope the girls and you rub off on each other; that would be cool.

I hope I have sense enough not to drink and try to drive. I'd better put the keys in someone else's custody.

Have fun and a great week, Tammy. You will come back to us with lots of new teenage words and phrases. :-)

Blog Archive