Thursday, December 17, 2009

Adventures in shopperland


From Jan. 2009

Carolyn went to the store the other day and found a parking place pretty close to the entrance, She exited the Escape and proceeded toward the doors, but she noticed her foot felt weird. She thought maybe her sock had been eaten by her shoe, but when she looked down, she saw nothing wrong. She kept walking and noticed some folk were staring at her and her foot was still feeling funny. This time when she looked down, she saw that she had but one shoe on. Turning, she saw the other one sitting way back near the car. One thing she then did I would have done also; go back and retrieve the shoe. She then went back to the store like nothing had happened. That is where I would have probably differed; I would have snuck back home hoping I wasn't seen by anyone whom knew me.
----
Carolyn went to Wal-Mart yesterday to get some prescriptions filled and pick up a few things. I previously mentioned I'd like to have a sack of Starbucks decaf coffee to drink on cold evenings. She brought back a bag of Dunkin' Donuts decaf coffee and swore it was what I said I wanted. I looked at her shopping list and it said Starbucks. She was to buy our son a couple cans of Skoal snuff and she brought back Copenhagen; the list said Skoal. The killer though was she bought me a 2010 wall calendar which has nice Impressionist painting prints to go with each month. I love Impressionist art. The trouble is, each page has a devotional verse from Christian beliefs on it. She claimed she didn't see the devotional part, and she said she had her eye glasses on when she picked it. I may have to do another sermon.
----
Sometime around 4:00pm yesterday, my Flickr photos received their 30,000th view. I dearly appreciate each and everyone of them. I have 2,404 pics uploaded there. On the new photo site, I have 82 uploads and 434 views. I have eight contacts there. We have but 64 members/testers so far, all selected and invited by the owner. Personally, I think he needs a lot more testers, but he is the man with the fuzzy knuckles whom has to purchase bandwidth, so ...
----
Our winter storm watch has turned into a storm warning. THEY are saying we may have up to eight inches of snow. I'll believe it when I see it. The present rain is to become snow by afternoon. I have to go get my shot ... fun, fun, fun.
----

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, Carolyn is a bit funny, but she so nice person. Fact that she bought for you the calendar with Impressionist painting prints moves me so much.

Are you going to delete your account on Flickr? It would be v. sad for me. :-(

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,
Carolyn gets a bit silly this time each year. Reality will set in again after Christmas. :-)

No, I will not leave Flickr. I have too many contacts and friends there to pull up roots and leave. I hope some of them will come and give the new site a look when it is ready.

BTW: You were my 30,000th viewer on Flickr. Thank you very much, dear friend. :-)))

Mark said...

Your Carolyn stories are pretty funny. Are you going to keep the calendar? She must have been rather distracted to not notice the shoe right away.

Congrats on Flickr.

It seems some areas are getting hammered. I understand Asheville has 7 inches. I am sure they not able to handle anything like that at all.

Mark said...

Thank you for the cardinals.

Anonymous said...

Mark, she said I WILL keep the calendar. That shoe thing has me befuddled.

Seems like the leeward (NC) side of the mountains get more snow than we do. Asheville had several inches before ours hit.

I needed a cardinal fix, too.

Blog Archive