Thursday, December 17, 2009

O' Death


Detail: Abandoned train station, Chucky
Tenn



Time for a small sermon:
Oral Roberts is dead. He had conversations with God. He caused many poor people to suffer. He was a "hands on" type faith healer. He did not have enough faith to live longer than 91 years. He is dead. I am glad. So be it.
----
I just learned Richard Jones died back in November. He was a well known British scientist, artist, and actor. He was R2-D2 in the original Star Wars films. I am not glad he died. I used to know another Richard Jones; he was one of our gang of chili makers. He is not dead; chili is good for you.
----
I would not be sad if Joe Lieberman died.
----
Obama picked Ben Bernanke to preside over the Federal Reserve for four more years. He will probably be approved by Congress. George Bush picked him for the job to begin with. Bernanke over-saw the collapse of Wall Street and engineered the giveaway of taxpayer money to the big banks ... with no oversight by him or anyone else. This is "real change" that Obama promised. People like Bernanke never die; they are gradually absorbed into the cosmic system.
----
Any Joseph-type dream interpreters want to decipher this?: Last night I dreamed that while driving a four-door Dodge car somewhere on the back roads of north Washington County, I stopped and picked up Cale Yarborough and David Pearson to take them to Richard Petty's house. I was alone in the front seat of the car, but both of them chose to sit in the back seat. Cale got in first on the passenger side then slid over so David could climb in beside him. When Cale moved over, the other door suddenly opened and he fell out onto the ground. He was neither angry or laughing when he returned to the car seat. I proceeded to drive on, but became lost on back roads that kept getting narrower and narrower. While trying to find our way back to wherever, I turned the car around in front of a small country store and auto repair shop that seemed to be abandoned, and then I awoke.

For those who do not live in the southern USA, the gentlemen I refer to are retired but still famous race car drivers. Maybe I needed my quarterly bath is the reason they chose to sit in the back seat. Nothing else makes sense to me in this dream. I cannot imagine fiery Cale Yarborough not taking offense at falling out of the car, and I cannot imagine aggressive David Pearson not laughing at him and I cannot imagine there not being a fight if David had laughed.

I had another dream later on, but it is much weirder than this one and I remember only bits of it.

Maybe I need Oral Roberts to lay some hands on me and cure my obviously diseased mind.
"R2 says the chances of survival are 725... to one."
----

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I am not sorry Oral Roberts is gone. now he will know, how right or how wrong he really was. or he will just become cosmic dust. No matter to me. Some other windbag will take his place.

My father sits at this very moment in a nursing home with a newly amputated right leg - alone. This is his choice, not the choice of my brothers or I. Last year my brothers and I took a GREAT big step and offered all we had to our father, he took advantage (until he couldn't abide by a few small requests from us to remain healthy) and then he took off again with narry a wave of his hand. He hadn't called not a one of us for 6 months. I wonder if I wish him to die. On one hand, it would end the saga that was my father.. something my brothers and I dearly wish to put behind us. On the other hand, does it change a thing? I wonder if he isn't dead already and wonder too, if he was ever really alive? How many people walk around amongst us not really living at all?

I'm rethinking the terms life/death. Much to think about. much pain to sift through.

Strange dream Ken. Hopefully you don't talk in your sleep for the sake of Carolyn.

It is a gloomy Thursday and I had to work late, something that makes me growl.

Make a good picture for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Roberts and his ilk will forever plague the weakest amongst us.

You are riding the proverbial emotional roller-coaster which seems to happen a lot this time of year. Even at the best of times, parental neglect is and probably will always be a painful memory, especially when it is an ongoing disaster. It is inconceivable to me that a parent can turn his back on his children, but we are living in what I once would have considered inconceivable times. Thoughtless people are changing their mores and the innocent pay the price.

I am guessing he may be diabetic? He may be facing a more terrible death than he can imagine. They kept taking pieces of my grandmother's legs until there was nothing left to take. She then suffered until she passed.

I wish I had answers for you, but I feel you will sift through the pain and come to some conclusion that is best for you and your family. There will always be regrets, but they must not be allowed to torment you. You are wise in the ways of people; be sure your wisdom applies to Tammy.

I hope I don't fall out of bed the next time my dream car door comes open.

It has been pretty here today, but we are in for a mess this weekend. We are to have WEATHER!

I don't have any new photos worth a hoot, so I am posting stuff from the past. Hope you are like Mark and think cardinals are pretty. Not a great photo, but it is the best I have that hasn't been posted.

Thanks, Tammy.

Mark said...

People like Oral Roberts only real prayer is for the color green to keep flowing into the coffers. It is always the poorest who pray the most,send in the most and end up suffering the most.

Lieberman and Bernanke should be forced to have a love affair with each other. One of them gets sick and the other can't support him because he lost his and the gov't health plan for them. They could make it into a movie "Bareback Ben Rides Trader Joe". A story of lust, greed, bigotry and sex from the Belt Way.

Very odd dream. And yes Cale would want to do "something" about it.

Tammy and her brothers have done everything right for their dad. There are really no answers. As you said Ken, Tammy is wise and she will be the one that will pull the family through the process no matter what course it takes. She is the "Leader of the Band".

Tammy said...

Ooops, sorry for the pity party guys. I must be wallowing again. Dad is a diabetic for sure along with a slew of other health problems brought on by years of truck stop eating, 3-pack-per day smoking, and plain ol' neglect. He's been on a 1-way train for a while. He is who he is and most days I'm good with it. The anger is gone and I know what you say is truth. Convincing myself of it all is the tough part!

I love cardinals and can't wait for the robins to come down to us in full force. they are so HAPPY when they get here and ravage my compost pile for worms singing their happy song.

All is well. Peace. Tamatha, the Butterfly Goddess of the South

Anonymous said...

Mark, I very much like your Lieberman/Bernanke union. I'd pay to see the movie.

I may try to find email addresses for David, Cale, and Richard. Maybe they can explain my dream.

Anonymous said...

The last few of the south-bound robins should be passing here at anytime. They will stop, eat some nandina berries and move on. If I see them, I put out pieces of apples and raisins for them. Our locals have been gone since August.

Thanks, T,BGS.

Blog Archive