Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mo' on snow




We made it with no power outage at my house. We did hear and see flashes when some electrical transformers blew. There was some thunder and lightning reported, too. JC was lightly hit, we have about five inches of snow; some area places have more than a foot. My next challenge is getting out and picking Chris up to take her to work in Elizabethton. She can't get her car up the hill where she lives. She probably could but is afraid to try.
----
Check out this link: The happiest states are obviously a bunch of pot heads. I've done my part for Tennessee.
----
Chris made it to work without my help; she said the roads are terrible. Both I-26 and I-81 were closed for a while. We are still having snow showers.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Thunder snow storms are very cool.
The lightning in those storms usually has a green look to it.

My parents are getting hammered. They are expecting close to a foot.

That list has some things that are very odd. How the hell is Louisiana number 1? As for Florida being number three that is only weather related. There are way too many that hate this place and would leave if not for the weather.

Outside of Maine and Vermont all the northeast states got hammered big time. I think in all those states it is politics and taxes and the general rat race pace of life.

Very interesting.

Anonymous said...

I've heard thunder in a snowstorm only once in my life and that was during the blizzard 0f '93 when we got more than 20" of snow. I was inside in daytime and didn't see the green lightning; sure would like to though.

We in Tenn are too ignorant to know that we aren't happy. Hell, Al Gore couldn't even carry his home state in 2000, but we twice happily voted for W.

Blog Archive