Sunday, December 20, 2009

Solstice -1


Click and view larger size

The snow is finally (hopefully) moving out and on up north. Mark said his family in New England is expecting about of foot of coverage. Until the early 90's, we had several 5" to 12" snows about every year. The 6" we have from this system is the deepest we've had since a 1998 storm which laid more than an inch per hour on us. We wound up with about 15".
----
Looks like Congress is ready to pass the insurance fix. Overall, there will end up being less but more expensive coverage for working Americans. Merry Christmas.
----
I am going to attempt to take Carolyn out in the Escape so she can remove trash from a few of her buildings. Friday is usually her biggest income day, so this weather will really hurt when time comes to collect from the accounts.
----
Happy Sunday everyone.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mug Shots of the Week!
Question: Do any of you look at these mug shots? If not, I will stop putting them on the blog. Vote early and often.
----


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so nice photo of cardinal. Happy Sunday to you and your family.:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, Jola. You have a great evening and a better Monday. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken
Glad your power is back on. I have been at Vanessa's since Saturday. I didn't have any power. It went out at 10 P.M Friday. They came and got me Saturday morning and I spent the night with. The power came back on sometime last Saturday. They had power, but no cable.

You and Carolyn and family have a very Merry Christmas. Loved the Santa picture.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice.

Conditions were not too bad over here; the worst was one of the satellite dishes was snow covered and we couldn't get local channels.

If you or Vanessa and family ever need a place when power goes off, and if cell phones work, let me know and I will try to get to you and bring you over here; we have a gas fireplace and stove, so we do pretty good.

Merry Christmas to you and all of your family, my dear friend,
Ken

Tammy said...

Glad you got through the storm intact.
I had 3 male cardinals in my garden on Sunday. They were so close to me, I could see their eyelashes! they were chasing and fighting of course and I took the opportunity to sit down and just enjoy the show. Still waiting for my robins. I cleaned the bird bath and dug up the compost heap for them.

I like the Santa hat.

The Green Market was small and loaded with young dread-wearing hippies. I'm a free thinking spirit but some of those folks are WAAAAAY out there! interesting day.

Onward to Monday. Happy wintering.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

Did you know that female cardinals sing as well as the males? They just don't do it very often. They are the only American female bird to do so, I think. It doesn't take many robins to empty a birdbath.

The hippie world is ever-changing. I can remember beatniks ... and greasers. Gawd!

Mark said...

Well they were expecting a foot of snow and got 20 inches in 13 hours.

When I called them my dad was going out for the first round of shoveling so he could get out to the garage and the snow blower.

The insurance thing is a total scam.

I look at the Smoking Gun on an irregular basis. However when it is late or not on your blog I do notice.

Anonymous said...

I suppose your dad takes it in stride. Still a lot of snow per hour, though.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive