Tuesday, December 15, 2009

S -6 : C -10




Have you ever run across a tv show called Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? I damn sure didn't linger to watch and I ain't going to. Some things I just do not need to know in order to lower my self esteem.
----
Of all the posts I've made on this blog over the past nearly four years, the one I titled Exhibitionist has had many more google hits than any other. Hardly a day goes by that it isn't viewed. There must be some freaky people out and about in net-land.
----
Ever notice how an author's first book usually has the title in much larger print than his name? If the book does well, I can about guarantee his next one published will have his name larger than the title. By the time his third tome is on the shelves, you will be lucky to find the title. The publisher has bestowed godhood upon the writer in order to sell more copies through name recognition instead of quality of work. The book industry is happy and the author is happy, but I think it sucks. I will not buy a fiction book with the writer's name in larger letters than the title but if I ever become a famous fiction author, it will be okay if my name is larger than the title and I hope all of you buy copies for yourself and for family and friends.
----
I am very happy my parents didn't own a video camera when I was growing up. This kid has his act together.
----
The weather here is seasonably lousy; cloudy, cool, and damp. I wonder if the Cindy Lou Who counting the days 'til Christmas? Yummy; Roast Beast!
----
Six days 'til Solstice!
----
I am having a raw tater for brunch. Veggie soup is on the menue for supper.
----
Apologizing doesn't always mean you are wrong and the other person is right; it just means you value your relationship more than your ego.
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Solstice, Ken. It's so nice. :-)

I love the last sentence of your post; it's so true.

xo ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
I will probably forget to remember Solstice when it gets here. ;-)

I don't know who originally said or wrote the last sentence, but I believe in it very much.

Tammy said...

true on the apologizing statement. I secretly apologize and harbor my "rightness" often!

Cindy Lou Who is certainly counting down the days, I have a direct link to Whoville.

I have given up on prime time TV. Only interested in cooking shows. reading/sewing takes up my free TV hours. the tube is insulting blasting its commercials down my ear canals.

Dance class tonight.. happy, happy..

Anonymous said...

I find apologizing much easier now than when I was younger and I seem to screw up more and need to say "I'm sorry".

I don't doubt you on the Whoville link.

The commercial insanity has spred from over-the-air tv to everything on every channel. Even PBS isn't immune like they once were.

Have fun dancing and teaching.

Mark said...

Heck they can do whatever they want if they publish my book the first time.

Anonymous said...

We could solve the problem by titling our books after ourselves.

Blog Archive