Thursday, May 13, 2010

Springish

Does my butt look a little wide in this shot?

Today looks to be a perfect spring day; hazy sunlight filtered by wispy, high altitude clouds, warm with thunderstorms possible, and bird songs filling the air. Much of my ailments of the past few days have withered away. My fingers are still stiff, swollen, and now sore, but that will ease within a few days. Life could be worse ...
----
A friend of Carolyn's lost his job as president of a local bank back in December, and he recently went back into the job market where he was immediately hired by a Dallas, Texas bank. Good luck to him. I don't care how much the small banks around here scream bloody murder about being left out of the Wall Street Giveaway Feeding Frenzy, they were never hurting to begin with and are now hiring many new people at low paying jobs. Carolyn's janitor service pays employees better than do these high profile institutions.
----
Barring lightning, tonight is the night; off to the creek and that belated spring bath. Just in time, too as I was actually considering taking another shower; the one I had a couple of weeks ago made me feel really good for a few days. I'll be at the third hole above the Peter Hole ... if you care to join me.
----
Thursday is "plan for Saturday" day. Make some good ones; this is the last spring we will have this year.
----
The photo was made a few years back in Elizabethton, Tenn.
----

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Today looks to be a perfect spring day; hazy sunlight filtered by wispy, high altitude clouds, warm with thunderstorms possible, and bird songs filling the air."

I love this sentence. It's a gentle joy in my heart when I can read it loudly; word by word. English language is beautiful. Thank you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

I am very sorry about the loss of your mother. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Mark said...

Once again I must pass on the bath, however if you look behind that tree you might see Ekaterina smiling at you.

Blog Archive