Saturday, May 08, 2010

Hot wax

 Plums

Allergies are a 7 today; RA is a 6: That is a total of 13 and we know how lucky that is. Other than constant feeling of tiredness and sore neck, RA isn't too bad today. I am using a hot paraffin bath two times a day for my hands, and it helps quite a bit. I may have to go to three per day.
----
Obama is touting the health care law as already helping millions; tell that to Carolyn who has again been turned down for health insurance but makes just barely enough money to keep her from getting public assistance. Shit!
----
A photographic tip: When shooting at high ISO settings with your digital camera, try shooting with a less than best setting for mega-pixels. If you normally shoot at say, 12mp, try shooting at the next lower setting which may be a 10mp or 8mp. The ISO will remain the same but lower mp's should alleviate some normal sensor noise. Unless you are making barn-size prints or doing some deep cropping, there is not much reason to shoot at highest mp's anyway.
----
My how time flies; it is already mid-spring. If I was a school boy again, I would be counting the minutes until classes were abandoned for a summer of discovery in the fields and woods around Headtown. Headtown is the name of the little community where I lived for many years. Not one critter or plant which I saw could avoid my careful scrutiny. I love airplanes (as long as I am not required to use one for its intended purpose), but I would get so mad when one would growl overhead and break my spell of concentration as I was being a nature boy. Pollen wasn't a problem then, but I did have some RA. Sometimes I would cross paths with my uncle Fred; he enjoyed nature as much as did I and sometimes we would walk together, but usually we both preferred being alone. Uncle Fred could teach me more about natural life in just a few hours than I could ever learn from a book. On top of that, he hardly ever said a word when we were out; hand gestures along with eye and head movements told me what he wanted me to see or hear or smell, and then it was be still and observe until I learned what he already knew. If there is any gentleness in my soul, it came from him and his mom, my grandmother.
----
Thanks everyone for your concern and encouragement about my allergies and RA; they probably aren't as bad as this old drama queen makes them sound.
----
Have a sexy Saturday!
----

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken … uncle Fred was an interesting person. There was something mysterious in your bond. Words (verbal communication) are v. important in our life, nevertheless you understood each other without words. I wonder what would uncle Fred have said if he had known that you love writing, you are an author of different stories and the words (language) are your passion. I love fact that such conversion happened; his invisible energy and his silence into your verbal potential.

Paraffin bath (?!). Is it really good? Please be careful. You may have a burn.

Wonderful Sunday to YOU, and all our FRIENDS. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the photo of plums. Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, Jola.

Fred was also a writer and a much better poet than I. He was a "Primitive" style painter and could take a piece of wood and whittle about any kind of figure. He was a natural artist, the kind that cannot be taught.

I've used the paraffin baths for 35 years, they work pretty well and I am careful. ;-)

Happy Sunday!

Plums weren't quite ripe but I honored them by eating them. :-)

Unknown said...

My phone extension at work is 13. Its all good.

The health care plan is bullshit.

Hell with the temps we have been having here is feels like summer already.

Anonymous said...

Too warm for too long. Finally moderating over on this side of the hill.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive