Wednesday, May 12, 2010

George and Lucy


I'm either getting well or dying: I slept in this morning but finally had to get up after waking from a dream in which George W. Bush owned a local McDonald's and I was working along side him in the kitchen; he was a fascinating fellow. I wonder if Lucy van Pelt is taking new patients?

----
I'm getting behind on nearly everything again; but seeing as how I am in my wonderful Golden Years, it doesn't seem to matter so much.
----
Ever get a song lodged in your head and cannot get rid of it? I've got Volbeat's The Garden's Tale stuck for three days now. Like their ancestor Vikings, Volbeat has invaded and conquered. Thanks so much, Mark!
----
I now have 25 friends on Facebook, and I actually know who about half of them are. I will consider the rest as groupies.
----
On Wednesdays, look deep inside yourself and find a forgotten piece of happiness which will carry you through until the week's end.
----

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Ken I hope you are getting better and not dying.
Good words of wisdom for Wednesday.
My very dear friend had the sense enough to tell me to remove myself from Face Book as I have this tendency to spout my opinions which mostly are unpopular. I had plenty of Belly dancing "Friends" many of which I couldn't stand due to the phoney-ness of it all. After a few well-placed comments which were received with complete silence or retaliation I have decided it isn't for me! I cannot figure why it is important to post every blasted second of the day to the wind so other windbags can comment and send smiley faces, etc. Phooey.
Happy Wednesday back to you. We have dance classes every day this week due to an upcoming show. Poor Mike is eating tuna sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

Yep! I'm feeling a bit better.
I don't see how some people have time for a real life; seems like they depend on Facebook as much as they do their own heartbeat. I am only on to help promote Megashot; Facebook is drawing much interest to the site.
Big show coming up? Since the "Shimmy" tv program became popular, there is quite a bit of local interest in the dance; several places are advertising lessons along with Namaste Yoga.
Keep telling Mike just how nutritious tuna is; he will be ok. ;-)

Thanks, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

I know well Danish system of education. All Danish children speak English fluently. In 90's we copied some of their solutions. It is a bit strange country: meadows, meadows, no forests. Most of Danish people have rather modest needs. V. democratic society. Oh, Danish language - beautiful! Yes, they love ballads.
A song "The garden's tale" is v. nice. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
I thought maybe they had a lot of trees; now I know better.
Most of Volbeat's songs that I've heard are very good.
Hope you are ok.

Mark said...

Ha, you and George working together. Now that would be a quite interesting prospect.


I am glad to corrupt with the evil Danes heavy metal music. They have an interesting fascination with it.

Facebook is annoying. I really despise the way work life has invaded the whole thing. It must be my anti-social side that hates the intrusion.

Anonymous said...

It was a scary dream; man, I must have needed a job awful bad!

If it wasn't for wanting to help Cyrus out on Facebook, I would delete my account. I picked up two more groupies today!

Blog Archive