Sunday, May 30, 2010

Flowers


I mostly took the day off Saturday; internet was off and on a few times because of the storms of Friday evening. I rode with Carolyn to Piney Flats to clean a building and later did some work on Megashot and commented on Facebook for the Megashot flower contest. You can enter up to 90 flower photos over the thirty days the contest will run, so there is no excuse for YOU not having some entries. Sign up for a free account and upload your entries for the contest and your other photos you want to share with other members, family, and friends. If you are a photographer, sooner or later you will become a member of Megashot so why not make it sooner?
----
This is my new photo presentation on Megashot:



You can have up to 50 photos in the show and upload your own music or sound effects as I did. The standard slide show has a limit of 20 photos and no sound.
----
The above photo is just exactly what you think it is. If it is considered a work of art, you decide what it is. If it is just a manipulated photograph, then it is the center of a pink rose. There is a bit of a dramatic story to go along with it but it is still playing out so I will save you from it for the time being.
----
Later today, I may try to go make a few photos if I can find something to shoot. I hate shooting outdoors at this time of year in the middle of the day. It ain't the heat; it is the quality of light at mid-day hours.
----
Have a good Sunday!
----


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, Ken; a piece of art in my opinion. I also love your presentation. The sounds of nature soothe my heart. I feel as I was on the meadow close to creek and forest where beautiful birds live and sing. Sweet feeling, so relaxing.

In my computer I have a file of singing birds too. I will try to send you via email. Unfortunately I'm ignorant and I can't name all these birds. Nevertheless their sounds are beautiful and I enjoy them.

There is a storm in Warsaw too. I was on my balcony but left this place when it began heavily raining.

I wish you were a winner of megashot contest, my friend.:-)
xo ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
To me, it was just something to do. As Mr. Shakespeare said by way of Juliet's lips:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

One of the first bird songs on my presentation is that of my favorite, the American robin.

Please do try to send me your bird songs; the names of the birds are not important; it is their music that counts.

I bet you are still getting some bad weather caused by the Iceland volcano. Your summer may be a bit cool.

Thanks for the wish in the contest; my entries will depend on several factors, but win or lose, it will be fun judging other peoples entries.

Have a good week, my friend. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful lyrical context of this photo... You always post things which are intriguing for us. America you describe on your blog is beautiful. It is not abstraction. It’s almost tangible. It has own scents, colours and sounds. It's so interesting experience for me. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
America is a mix of every people on earth; every custom, every religion, every race, and every belief. Each of these immigrants have and do bring a unique flavor of their homeland with them and I think all this is what makes us a great nation. E pluribus unum.
I hope someday you can visit the US and see all its goods and all its bads. :-)

Mark said...

I'll work on the flower shot. Not my strong suit by a megashot. I'll have to retrain my focus for this contest.

Anonymous said...

I think it could be a fun contest just by playing. I'm ready to move on to something other than flowers, but the contest has brought in a lot of new members.

Blog Archive