Monday, May 17, 2010

Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X3--another day of use

An update on the Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X3 program Pan Tool lock up. The only tool that will still work while the Pan Tool is on the photo is the Crop Tool. Everything else seems to work fine except some third party scripts are acting a bit strange lately. I have found a work-around to get the onerous Hand of Death off my workspace; I can save the file under a different name and the Pan Hand will go away when I select another tool. This worked twice Thursday, but is no guarantee it will work every time. It is still frustrating to have duplicate files sticking around here and there. If this works as a permanent "solution", I will tell you about the new features included in version X3 and my thoughts on using some of them. But as I said before, I do not like the awkwardness of the new file browser and the time delays between it and the editor. The file browser does have useful features, but they do not make up for the lost speed and convenience of having it on the work area at all times.

No comments:

Blog Archive