Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Blue Tuesday

 For all the little birds in the world

Some critter came as a thief in the night and took the baby wrens Tammy was caring for from the nest. I know the confusion and despair she is feeling; I have seen this happen many times since I was a young boy and it is never any easier to understand. I can only hope it was a wild critter doing what its nature says it must do and not someone's roaming pet that did the deed. Mom and pop wren will soon begin another nest in another site and Nature will go on being a tough mom; it is how it must be. Friend Tammy will soon get on with her life just as will the birds and all other living things, but unlike the critters, she will have wonderful memories of the blessings Mom Nature allowed her to be a part of. You are a good mom, Tammy.
----
I will try to write a bit more later on ... today is blood work day for me so I can continue getting my weekly fixes.
----

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks Ken. I have lived enough life to know Mother Nature has the last say with everything and we all must "go away" at some point. It is a tough day. The simple pleasure of this nest has fueled my spirit morning, noon, and night. Baby birds grow at an astounding rate and with each day I learned something new about them and myself. I am thankful the mother allowed me such a personal journey with her and I can only hope she doesn't have the same bruised heart that I do.
RIP Huey, Dewey, and Louie

Anonymous said...

Sweet, dear Tammy, you love so much birds, you know them and understand. I'm sorry that such barbarity happened. You are right, Mother Nature is harsh sometimes.

I wish your future experiences were much better, and I hope that our warm words will soothe your broken heart. xox

Tammy said...

Thanks Jola. Kind words from my friends help tremendously. I always feel that if we, as humans, cannot find the wonder and joy in nature we are deceiving ourselves. We are an integral part of nature as much as we try to fool ourselves into believing otherwise with our "big brains."
It is nice to find folks who also share that line of thought.

Tammy said...

Ken I just realized that your photo of the old house day versus night is the same house. what a fun discovery for me to make. At the risk of sounding like a doofus... I like the contrast and imagine different ghosts for each photo taken. keep me entertained please, this chair gets lonely. xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are very kind, Tammy. I like it when people interact with a photo; it makes it all worth while.
Thanks very much.

Mark said...

After all this time I had figured the baby's were safe. Hopefully a new family will come along soon.

Anonymous said...

Mom and pop wren are fine; they will nest again.

Blog Archive