Saturday, May 01, 2010

Fiddlin'


Another weekend. Being retired, I wouldn't know it if not for you working people suddenly becoming so upbeat.
----
I didn't get much chance to post yesterday, and I really didn't have much to say, nohow. My grandson Jeremy and I are are tweeting at each other; he has sent his demo tape out and I wish him much success. He does his style of music very well and seems to be a good song writer. I got word that my other grandson who joined the Air Force is very homesick. He has called his mom and maternal grandparents, but has yet to contact his dad or us.
----
I didn't get my shot this week; first I've missed in a long time. I am hopeful I can get one next week. Life can be interesting.
----
I went to the cemetery for a few minutes yesterday, but oak pollen quickly sent my scurrying for home. This morning I can barely see so I popped a Claritin®. I think I've heard more people complaining about allergies this spring than ever before, both old folk and young. My opinion: We are chemicalizing ourselves way faster than we can evolve to cope with the effects of our easy-living indiscretions. I believe I hear the fiddler concluding his solo.
----
I've made a bit of peace with Facebook; I basically stay away from it. I do my tweeting from a Firefox extension, so I rarely have to go to the main site. I am having fun posting to my new blog.
----
What happened to dogwood blooms this year? Most of those in the area did not blossom, and a majority of those that did have only a few flowers with smallish petals that fell off after just a few days. Could they be resting for a season? I've never known of that from dogwoods. Could it be our careless care-taking of Mom Nature is catching up with us? When Mother's Day comes Sunday next, be sure to tell your mom you love her even if she is no longer living. Show our universal mom you care for her, too. Pick up some trash from the roadside or do some other kind deed for her; caring now may extend her lifetime ... and ours.
----
Megashot is rolling along very well; they now have more than 300 members. Another of my contacts from Flickr joined this week, and he is very impressed with the looks and feel of the site. Cyrus and Maggie are both doing the things necessary to make newcomers feel comfortable with their first Megashot experiences. Maggie is greeting folk as they join and explaining some of the basics of getting around the huge site, and Cyrus is cranking out great video tutorials. My hat is off to both of them.
----
Have a super weekend!
----
The Smoking Gun's
Mugshots of the Week!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your this post I guessed metaphorical meaning of the word 'upbeat'. Nice.

Ken ... your warm attitude to your grandsons - especially to Jeremy - moves me. Now I realize that he is a young artist. I wish him much success too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
Upbeat is a good word for hope and happiness. :-)

I will tell Jeremy and I am sure he will appreciate all encouragement. We wish Keegan would take a moment to call us and tell us how he is doing; but I understand it would be difficult to talk to home folk when he is homesick.

Mark said...

I have a bunch of shoys to upload so I can get things on Megadhot.

Facebook is a blessing and a curse.
It does get invasive at times.

Anonymous said...

I've been hoping you had some stuff for Megashot.

Cyrus is putting a lot of stuff on Facebook, and it seems to be working. Thousands of unique hits on Megashot each day and more than 300 members in 3 months.

Blog Archive