Saturday, May 22, 2010

107


So far it is a cloudy, breezy morning here in Legoland, but some blue sky is threatening. We will most likely drive to the markets on hwy. 107; a small amount of fresh produce is trickling in. Green onions, leaf lettuce, radishes, and small carrots are to be found. After the shopping, we well return home so Carolyn can finish her work; it is difficult when she is short-handed.
----
I gave the outside and the reflex mirror of the Pentax a good cleaning; I had been using a damp cloth and cotton swabs on the body, but it just wasn't coming clean enough. This time I used alcohol and swabs and the K200D now looks like it is close to new. I cleaned the reflex mirror the same way. The unit is more than two years old and has made 40,000-plus images. Next I will give the 18-250mm zoom lens the same treatment; it looks terrible now when compared to the camera. There are a couple of annoying specks on the camera sensor which will not come off using the built in vibrating mechanism or with a blast of air from the Rocket blower, so I'm waiting for my batteries to discharge before I attempt to clean it. New ones will be installed because I don't want them to give out while I am cleaning the sensor. Dead batteries will cause the focal plane shutter to snap closed on my cleaning stick and damage the shutter. It has been about a year since it was cleaned and it takes a good eye and steady hand to do so. I could ship it back to Pentax or to a a camera service place and have it done, but they charge $80-$100 to do it. I'm a gambler.
----
I've bored you enough for a Sadidy, so I will wish a good one upon all of you.
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lens 18-250 ... it sounds good. I need such lens. ;-) Also D. bought for me different small things and he promised to teach me how to clean my nikon.
Green onions, it sounds nicely. Our onions are simply white or lilac. Green onions we call 'chives'.

Have a nice Sunday, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I think you already have such a lens or at least close to it.
Green onions are actually white; we call them green because of the color of the stalks.

You have a great Sunday yourself, young lady. :-)

Mark said...

I like the photo. Old and new. I want to save that Coke sign.

Anonymous said...

The Coke sign is at prime.
Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive