Sunday, May 02, 2010

Cuzzn-Dread

 Sign over doors:
Protected By
Southern Agriculturists
Theft Reward
Service

Didn't accomplish a lot yesterday. We drove to Fall Branch to clean the building, then decided to go back to the Nolichucky river to see if any of the produce stands were open, but none were. It is a bit early for local veggies. On the way to Fall Branch I spotted a dandy field of buttercups glowing in the afternoon sunshine, and there were some horses grazing between the flowers. I made a couple of pics from a nearby church yard. I also stopped at an old and abandoned farm house that I had been wanting to shoot. It has a tiny bit of personal history for me as I once ate dinner (lunch) in the house. It was the summer of 1964 and I was helping a farmer work his tobacco patch (crop). His mother lived alone in the big house and prepared a meal of country cooking for us. It is another sad reminder of our past and a look at our probable future.
----
This link can take you to my grandson's music. The entire album—Never Touching Gravity—is there and sounds pretty good to an old grandpa's weak ears. I know he misses his Tennessee home, but the move to Atlanta was a good one for him, giving him much better opportunities to do something like this. Congratulations to the band, Cuzzn-Dread, and Jeremy whom is not only my grandson but also my friend. Cuzzn-Dread is Jeremy.
----
A car trip to San Antonio, Texas for Keegan's graduation from Air Force basic training is being considered by some of us; it is a daunting 20 hour drive. The journey will take us through the big towns Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, and Dallas before pulling into San Antonio. We have a few more weeks to decide if we will attempt the trip and to form a plan of action.
----
Have a happy Sunday!
----


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, it's very good music. Is he a singer too? Do I hear his voice? Beautiful, soft voice. I love this inspiration: Bob Marley.
Oh, who plays piano? Yes, lovely music. You have v. talented grandson, and Atlanta seems to be v. good place for him.
Tell him that I’m his fan. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think Jeremy wrote most of the lyrics and does the vocals.

I will tell him, Jola.
Thanks :-)

Mark said...

Hey Ken, hope you had a good weekend.

I have to say that Jeremy did a good job. It sounds very well produced. Atlanta is a good move. A lot of hip hop music is coming out Atlanta and seems to be one of the cities in the hip hop world.

That would be a trip. Would be worth it in manys ways.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.
Jeremy will do good at whatever he tries, I believe.

I don't know if I can stand to be cramped up in a car that long.

Mark said...

On roadtrips I stop whenever I want. Sometimes that may be a whole bunch of stops.

Anonymous said...

There will probably be a bunch of us going. Just like the Beverly Hillbillies.

Blog Archive