Friday, May 21, 2010

Last month of spring?


 Carolyn's maters

Carolyn will have an employee off work for two or more weeks; she had surgery on her thumb this morning. That will put Carolyn working weekends during the time. Shoot, it usually rains on Memorial Day weekend anyway, but I would like to have the opportunity to get out if it doesn't rain. Damn, I wish she would get out of this business before it it kills both of us. Her best paying account (one-third of her income) is talking about re-bidding the cleaning; she could lose it at any time.
----
I sat on the porch yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. I spent about an hour outside in the morning and got along fine. I then was out again for another hour yesterday afternoon and the allergies hit me; sneezing and sore, sticky eyes. It is going to be a long summer. Today is the first day of the last month of spring; where the hell did the season go?!!!
----
I'm thinking about returning to school; not to get a degree or anything like that. I want to take a few elective classes such as a second term of psychology and another art history and English and American Literature. I would like to take an astronomy class, but those cold nights under the stars don't sound as appealing as once they did. I will look around and see if I can get some grants and check what is available in on-line courses. That way, I can take an on-line psychology class and analyze y'all at the same time; won't that be fun?
----
Have a fantastic Frydy!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken ... after such course you will be like my Anusia. I hope you remember her from my Flickr (in one photo three of us: me, Asia and Anusia).
Anusia is psychologist. We are working in one room. I appreciate her experience and knowledge, nevertheless she is simply my friend, first of all.

I like Carolyn's tomatoes. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember the photo. It is good that your colleague is a dear friend; makes the work day a bit easier.
They are Carolyn's tomatoes until they are big enough to eat, then they are Ken's tomatoes! ;-)

Thanks, Jola.

Mark said...

I am sure the business is tough and bidding can be a cruel thing.
sometimes we bid so low even though we know we will not win in order to keep to competition from making any money. Then on some bids I have won recently where certain companies did not expect us to bid they go and bid very low on many bids after that and make no money.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn sometimes bids a job real high when she doesn't want it; like the strip bar where she said she was not going to clean the dance pole. I humbly offered to do it and she raised the bid even more.

Blog Archive