Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shakes


What a miserable night I had! Today isn't much better. I awoke about two a.m. with a heck of a thirst. I took a big swig of water and lay back down and began shivering uncontrollably; I was chilling. It went on for more than 30 min. and it stopped as quickly as it began, but I could tell from my breath hitting my arm that I was feverish. I looked for extra-strength Tylenol, but couldn't find any in my nightstand. It was surprising I couldn't locate the pills because my top drawer looks like a refugee from pharmacist's nightmare; I've got a little of everything. At six a.m. Carolyn awoke to use the bathroom and I asked her if we had Tylenol, whereupon she furnished me with two of them. My sinuses were clogged and I had a bitching headache. Thirty minutes after taking them, I was sweating big time, the fever was broken, and headache gone. Today I am carrying about a gallon of excess fluid which is making breathing difficult so I took a fluid pill and it is drawing some of it off. I still feel like crap, though. Growing old is an adventure. Very bad allergies to ice the cake.
----
Yesterday was Bono's birthday. I know he perpetuates some good causes, but for some reason I have never liked him. It may be because uncle Roy once told me to never trust a man who wears dark glasses at night.
----
Have a Happy Tuesday!
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken ... I wish I could write you fluently about my medications. I have them in three baskets.
I love medicines (drugs). I love buying them and reading leaflets which are inside, however today I decided to throw away some of my chemical pills. My new doctor urologist claims that herb and special pills called 'probiotyki' in Polish will be best for my sensitive bladder.
I hope I'm not hypochondriac. Doctors just like to check different methods and I feel sometimes like guinea-pig.
I missed you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,
Sometimes I think the chemicals cause more problems than they cure. I use natural honey and green tea whenever I can, and they both do very well.
I was wondering where you were. :-)
Take care.

Mark said...

It seems like sleeping can be a chore. Having sinus issues is a major cause of poor sleep.

Bono intentions are good, however it seems a bit contrived. I hope it is just my cynical nature.

Tammy said...

Bono never really seemed sincere to me either, although I cannot deny his talented self and his remarkable luck to hitch his wagon to the speeding train called the Beatles. Fortunately he sits in the back of the band!

Be well Ken. Sinuses are a major player in our overall well being I think and sure can swing you around by the tail.
Mark is entertaining with his Russian hot mamma isn't he? and isn't is amazing that a woman can tell you where just about anything is in the house, even though you have looked in the same spot twice?

Anonymous said...

I think I was hit with a rare double whammy; prostate and sinus. I need to blow both of them out real good.

Thanks, Mark.

Anonymous said...

I think Bono was fortunate or smart enough to get Edge as a guitar player; he made the difference in their music.

Women have superb memories, but are very selective when it comes to remembering what they want to remember. Frustrating for men. :-)

Thanks, Tammy.

Blog Archive