Saturday, July 31, 2010

July the last

Hope y'all like chicory flower photos
Flickr is messing with me; the last two photos I've uploaded for public consumption have comment boxes that can be seen only by me. I have decided to no longer even try to upload public photos to the sorry site. I will still comment on a few friend's photos as I try to convince them to come to a real photo sharing site; Megashot! Megashot now has a Critique Forum and the photo on yesterday's blog was changed due to a critique suggestion I received there. Since then I have received another suggestion and I will try to follow through on it. I learned a lot about photography during my Flickr years, but I have learned more in the past six months on Megashot than ever I learned on Flickr.

I had one guy tell me he was intimidated by the quality photos and complexity of Megashot and was leery of joining as he is a novice photographer, but now he is glad he took the leap of faith. With some encouragement from Cyrus and myself, his photographic skills have increased remarkably and he is no longer shooting like a Sunday snap-shooter. Megashot is the best place for photographers of all skill levels, so if you haven't joined us, please consider doing so. Being a member of one doesn't mean you have to give up the other.

New Megashot contest begins midnight tonight GMT. The theme is Mixed-Category.
----
Carolyn has only two tomato plants left and they only have a couple of small marbles growing. She has already tossed her cucumber plants; she got six cumbers off of four plants. Just too damn much heat!
----
Have a wild weekend!
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

I have not been on either site much. Did enter ino the mixed contest. At level two already.

Heat hurt a bunch of gardens this summer.

Anonymous said...

You were in 1st place on level 3 for awhile but now in 2nd.
The Critique thing is a lot of fun and I am learning from it.

Blog Archive