Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hoof and mouth disease

 Monarch butterfly larvae on milkweed.
The larvae lives its entire life-cycle from egg to pupae on the same milkweed plant.
It will turn into a butterfly, migrate to Mexico, have unprotected sex,
get drunk on bad tequilla, and never find its way home,
spending the remainder of its life in a sleezy cantina
where it will get its throat slit by a jealous cockroach

I have a toothache; ain't got many teeth left but one is sure raising a fuss. Wish I could go to dentist like normal people do. Orajel and wait for the worst. The callous on my sole is also very sore today.
----
My diet is racing right along; lost three pounds in less than two months. Won't be long 'til I see the tips of my toes. A Megashot member just built a a new Food and Drink community and looking at all that good stuff ain't no big help in my lose weight department.
----
My internet connection has been pathetic this weekend; I am on dsl and it is supposed to be the same speed no matter how many people are on the web; I don't have to share like people on cable internet do. That means the new teleco owners are more than likely using bandwidth throttling on weekends; this first happened two weekends ago but only to Megashot and my weather site and lasted 24 hours. This week it has been going on since Friday evening and was very pronounced yesterday morning. Monday I will call the cable company and see if they can promise me a better deal; they way it stands now, I may as well be on dial-up.
----
Mark is predicting a race war may be eminent in this country, and I am thinking maybe a religious war to go along with it. Anyway, the Far Right seems to be pushing for both or either, and the rich corporations will be the main ones to benefit from such.
---
Have a Sunday!
----
You'ns!
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were really poor this week, my friend. What is a reason that you can't go to dentist like normal people do?
And please promise me that despite all these unpleasant things (toothache, sore sole, bad Internet) you are NOT going to migrate to Mexico. ;-))
xo

Mark said...

You could drink some tequila with
Monarch and then pull your tooth.

Bandwidth throttling coming soon, as wall as more pay wall internet and so on. It will be interesting to see where this goes. My guess is there will be another internet started by the "underground" in the future. They are working on it.

Tammy said...

those catepillars grow from eggs to pupae in a matter of 7 days. I see it all the time in my butterfly hatchery. It is amazing. They are voracious eaters and I've been known to go to Home Depot and buy every milkweed plant they have just to keep my babies alive. Amazing they can fly that far. They are just starting to arrive and usually around my area stay from late summer to early fall.
Hope your body woes are rectified soon. tequila helps just about anything. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I'll explain the dentist situation a bit later, but it all has to do with RA.
No Mexico for me, but I would love to vacation there. Actually I am going to migrate to Istanbul and die from hookah overload. ;-)
Thanks, Jola.

Anonymous said...

A bit of tequila and the tooth won't matter.
Thanks, Mark.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you might have to buy milkweed; it is pest weed around here; you know the sap is poisonous to most everything but Monarch larvae? At least that is what I've heard. The photo was made along the Appalachian Trail.
There are several medications I like real well; Black Jack, rum, tequila, and especially our local moonshine.
Thanks, Tammy.

Blog Archive