Thursday, July 15, 2010

Titleless



Man! It feels good to sleep an entire night; I had to swaller a double-dose of Xanax, but it got 'er done. I still have a bit of sleep hangover but it is worth it.
----
Carolyn is back from drugstore, she picked up some stuff to dress the wounds which have not even become sore. I hope she can get a pic of my back before she re-redresses the places
----
Has the Obama Health Care Initiative helped any so far? An emphatic YES! The cost of my weekly fix went from $28 to $57 since it was passed by a beaming Congress who had my best interests at heart. The $57 covers five minutes in doc's office for a nurse to check my chart, get a syringe, and give me the shot. I even have to go to the drugstore and buy the medicine separately. Even with insurance at $150 per month for premiums, my co-pay will be more than a hundred each month. Fixed income people are taking it on the chin as the rich get richer. The only redeeming value other than my ability to keep going from day-to-day is the fact that the nurses are cute. That means nothing to an old man, though.
----
Have a non-judicial Thursday!
----
You'ns!
----


2 comments:

Tammy said...

Spiders are my nightmare.
I have noticed our doctors becoming more clever about the way they get patients coming back for F/U appointments, many aren't even needed. With the kickbacks from the drug companies I can't see what they are worried about. I think I would be happier working on a farm than for these knuckleheads, I know I would.
Not all nurses are cute but your local transcriptionist is! ;)

be well friend. no more spiders, even though it is a good close up. I liked the story.

Anonymous said...

I have Flickr buddy who freaks out when he sees a spider pic. No more on the blog ... maybe ...

In my case, Medicare sets the rules on payment for doctors. Over the years, many small-practice doctors like my RA doc were being kicked back from the medicare feeding trough by big hospitals and now Medicare is trying to even things out a bit more. The heck of it is, my doctor leases her office space from the big hospital and they dramatically raised her rent as soon as the new rules went into effect which put her to having to charge the allowed limit to her patients.
You are right about the unwarranted appointments, but country club membership fees and the price of Mercedes are sky-rocketing.

Thanks, Tammy and yes, the local transcriptionist is very cute. :-)

Blog Archive