Monday, July 19, 2010

Fly away with me



We are finally getting a bit of rain, but it is the old "too little too late" to help corn and other much needed crops. Gardens are suffering badly, many being abandoned. Only the big-time farmers along the Nolichucky valley are doing pretty good; they are irrigating from the river. My tooth still hurts enough to be aggravating but is easing a tad. The little Olympus camera I use when I don't feel like carrying the Pentax let me down yesterday. I found some stuff I really like to shoot in N. Greene county, but the photos I made were very disappointing and I got rained on while shooting them. I had good light, but the photos are sucky at best; I deleted all but one and will have to run it through a paint program to make any sense of it. I will go back with the Pentax asap.
----
Worsh Day; a day when working people come clean. Have a good one!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely name: Nolichucky Valley. It was raining also in Warsaw. The air is so nicely cool now.
Life is good, even if our photos are disappointing sometimes.
xo

Anonymous said...

Nolichucky is the Cherokee Indian name for the river and valley. One white man swindled a Cherokee chief out of most of the valley by trading him a few blankets for it.

When I was younger, I would have rushed back down there at first light to redo the shot, but now I am older, wiser, and a lot more patient; I will wait until tomorrow! ;-)))

Thanks, my friend. :-)

Mark said...

The corn crop is suffering. i heard they figure it will die off a month early this year if not sooner. The heat this week will not help.

Anonymous said...

The sun will soon draw the moisture out of ground. Tobacco is paltry and Carolyn is threatening to toss her cucumbers.

Blog Archive