Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lily o' my heart


Not much going on today; I'll take Carolyn over to Fall Branch later and that will be about all I'm in the notion of doing. My only living aunt and her daughter came over yesterday afternoon for a visit; she has forever been a second mother for me. Jerry came by for a few minutes this morning; he visits nearly every Sunday and brings his mom a newspaper. I was hoping to show a pic of Carolyn's new dining set, but it had parts missing and she is beside herself. The photo is of a lily my mom had in her flower bed when she died in 2002. I originally bought the flower for her on Mother's Day a few years before she became sick. Carolyn transplanted it with her flowers and even though it is in near perpetual shade, it has bloomed every year.
----
Have a nice day!
----
Y'all!
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken ... a part of your Mother still lives in this flower. Carolyn is so good person if she transplanted this lily with her flowers.

Oh, eventually I noticed the comment of Maggie.
Maggie, I'm glad that you got back and you are safe now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

My mom loved her flowers; her favorite was petunia. Carolyn loves flowers also, but does not have a lot of time or patience for them.

Have a good Monday, my friend. :-)

Mark said...

It is cool that the lily is still living. Amazing how things like that bring joy to us.

Anonymous said...

Very true, Mark.

Maggie said...

That lily story touches a nerve for me. My girl friend (since we were both 1 yr old, I think) has a lily growing in the shade right beside her house. It grows to 7 or 8 feet tall and very healthy. You see, it was for her husband's mother, too, before she became ill. Girl friend and husband live in the big farm double decker duplex house where his parents lived, and that is where his mother planted the lily.

Its a lovely photo of a very lovely lily!

Hi Jel... thanks so much. Its so good to be home again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maggie.

That is a nice coincidence and I really should have moved into my mom's old place after she died but it was small for our needs at the time. This lily doesn't get very tall; it gets little water and sun. It is located beneath a high part of our deck and almost against the house. I'm afraid to move it.

Blog Archive