Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Darkside of the Loon



I am going through a very dull period; so much humidity after the rains that it is smothering to sit outside for very long. I don't have new photos to work on and am redoing old ones with SilkyPix. Carolyn and Chris accompanied me to be skinned; they seemed disappointed the entire procedure of removing three whatevers took less than 20 min, 30 min counting checking in, waiting, and checking out. The darn places are starting to itch.
----
I was thinking of retiring my crusty Pink Floyd Darkside baseball cap, but I checked the prices of similar new ones and the cheapest was $20 and another place had them for $35, all made in China. Can you say "rip-off", boys and girls? I would have grudgingly paid $10, but old crusty is looking better every minute; don't smell too good, though. It is becoming tattered from many washings (well, at least two washings) so I am afraid to launder it again. Oh what the heck; I am a practicing hillbilly and it just adds to the effect.
----
The new Nature contest seems to rapidly be pulling in members for Megashot, but some of the photos being entered are at best iffy as far as nature goes. If it is a city scene with a blade of grass showing, it is entered. I refuse to even vote on such. My best photo got kicked out of level three because I didn't vote but the hell of it is, I did vote. It didn't have a lot of points anyway but it is good to have one or more at the highest level. Another was kicked out because one of my pop-up reminders popped-up while I was voting and the contest tossed the pic. It is not supposed to do so unless I hit the "Esc" key. The pop-up does steal focus, but it is not the same as hitting the escape key; or is it?
----
Enough belly-aching for this Wednesday; have a good one!
----
Y'all!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that the surgery is behind you. It's moving that Carolyn and Chris went to the doctor with you. They were like your two Guardian Angeles.
I'm reading about your crusty baseball cap, and I smile. Yes, it's high time to wash it again.;-))) And yes, you are right, things made in China are not good, however now is hard to tell if the thing is from China or it isn't.
xo

Mark said...

I bet you can find a new hat for $10 at a flea market.

My picture is in the third round and it much have died there. Oh well I think I have another I will put in.

Anonymous said...

We don't have many flea markets around here anymore.

The pic is probably still in voting rotation and getting votes; may be a winner yet.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

The only thing about my hat that is still easy to read is the "Made in China" tag. :-)

Blog Archive