Friday, July 09, 2010

Friday stumbles

 Bristol, Virginia

The temps have moderated a bit, but it will still be hot outside today; the worst part; no rain in sight. JJ and Todd haven't mowed one lawn this week and neither have another income source.
----
Shot day again and then Monday at the ophthalmologist for the annual eye exam; we of the age spot generation have to keep close check on our eyes because they also get age spots; cataracts. Wednesday is back to the skin doc and early next month I start the rounds all over again with a visit to the heart doc; I have come to believe that doctors are the worst disease ever bestowed on humanity. If God had truly wanted Pharaoh to kick all the Israelites out of Egypt, He would have caused a plague of MD's to descend on the land.
----
Have a hilarious Friday and a super fun weekend!
----
Y'all!
----
When I published this blog post today, this "Ad by Google" popped up. I appreciate their concern about my age spots!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

send the boys my way. They can turn my compost pile and mow the lawn. It may be fun to have 2 men at my disposal.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I will tell them you await their services, Tammy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ken ... you are simply busy. I'm sorry that the lesion on back turned out to be a cancer. Your doctor wants to remove it, so I think it is not dangerous cancer. My doc of skin likes to repeat: 'If a lesion is ugly and is growing it's better to remove it'. So I removed the lesion from my forehead, and it's ok... and I'm pretty now. ;-))

Ken, please be a good boy, however the surgery will be a bit painful ( I know it). Take care of yourself. We like you. You are our precious friend.
I like a lot your irony! Oh, I would like to ask you where is Maggy. I hope everything is going well with her.
Have a nice weekend!
xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

Doc said the lesion is superficial so the surgery may not amount to much. Yep, you are pretty now, but when were you not so? :-)

I will be ok; just another aggravation.

Maggie has computer-itis; she is taking time away from the pc to work in her garden and to relax.

Thanks, Jola. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, Maggie, as Polish soft word Małgosia. Sorry for this spelling mistake.
BTW: I like all your photos you have posted here lately; especially the colour version of Leesburg Presbyterian Church; it's excellent. :-)

Mark said...

With the high temps and little/no rain lawns are looking mighty brown. Now the farmers are starting to have problems. Corn crops are suffering from what I hear.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

I think Maggie may be back online some now.

I appreciate your liking my photos; I am using a new program that does a much better job with RAW images. :-)

Anonymous said...

We had some rain showers last evening and this morning the lawn is much greener, but for farmers, it is too little and too late. Corn is very hard-hit on this side of the hills.

Thanks, Mark.

Maggie said...

Hi
Yes I am baaaaaaaaacccckkk.
Jola, I was actually away, but I don't let Ken tell people that when I am away from my home.. just a silly phobia of mine, I guess.

This weather has gone crazy all over the world. Back in Saskatchewan, where I was, it had been raining constantly, and hailing, and a tornado... all while we were there for the 10 days or so. Places were flooded and some crops unplanted, other crops washed out.
I have more reading to do on your blog to catch up on all...
Some very funny stuff so far. That popping up ad was hilarious

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maggie.

Seems you are correct about the weather being foul everywhere. I think the Iceland volcano may be messing with things in the Northern Hemisphere more than is known.

Yeah; Google may be stuffed shirt at times, but they still have a sense of humor. :-)

Blog Archive