Friday, July 16, 2010

The Friday Sessions

From the pulpit:
BP has sort of plugged its hole even as Congress passes a financial reform bill that will open many more in our pocketbooks for Wall Street to exploit. Most Americans have no idea how little the reform bill means in reigning in ways the big money industries used to exploit us and cause the ongoing and worsening crises we are in. There is much back-slapping in DC today by both parties while the Republicans shamefully act as if they want the bill repealed. Big bucks will be ever more present in campaigns and personal bank accounts of members of Congress. Obama is beside himself with glee because he thinks he has again hoodooed the public the same as he did with the medical reform law. I sincerely hope all members of Congress are replaced in the next few elections, and that Obama is sent packing back to the Heartland of a nation divided much as it was when Lincoln was elected president, but this time it is rich versus poor; Lincoln would most likely find today's America utterly disgusting. I have always been horrified by lynchings the Old South way, but in the case of politicians, I make an exception; may their gods have no mercy on their soulless carcasses. Wake up, America!
----
I hope to get into Jonesborough this weekend for some shooting. I don't want to stray too far from home until the wounds are better healed. The nurse said for me to keep them dry which means I cannot take a shower and will be a bit gamey; in fact I already have an aura which I will take with me to get my shot
----
Have any of you ever heard of a country music group called Lester "Roadhog" Moran and His Cadillac Cowboys? They first appeared on a Statler Brothers album back in the 70s and then made a fairly successful album of their own using the band name as the title. The foursome's hometown is a small Alabama community called Rainbow Valley where they sometimes held concerts at the local Johnny Mack Brown High School. I'm sure you know of the famous actor Johnny Mack Brown. Here is a sample from the album; enjoy:

----
Have a good Friday!
----
You'uns's


6 comments:

Tammy said...

I like the word Hoodooed. it suits.
Mark would know the band if anyone would. I never knew anybody who had a sharper mind for remembering music matters. He certainly has a broad spectrum of favorites too.
Hope you are healing up. Once they give you the clear all pure Vitamin E oil helps. I used it for my 5 port holes after my Hysterectomy.
have mercy on the sweet nurses and wash your pits at least !

back to work for me.

Anonymous said...

The band is actually the Statler Bros. They did an album called Country Music Then and Now which had some of this material on it and it was a big hit, so they did an entire silly, funny, and lovable album of the stuff.

The wounds are having a bit of discharge, but it will take awhile to begin real healing; they are pretty deep.

I think I've used vit. E after all my cut-ups.

Pits like roses! :-)

Thanks, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

These musicians ... In my opinion they are charming and very American; the essense of America. :-)
I hope everything is going well with you. xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

I listened to a lot of similar music when I was growing up, but these guys are really very good and famous; they wanted to sound bad and did so.

All is ok in my little world; hope you are good too. :-)

Mark said...

With good ole Tim Geithner around the White House one should be hardly amazed at how little this bill will do. He is one of the reasons the economy took a shit on the American public.

Wanna bet that the rich versus poor war becomes a race war?

It's no wonder why Americans are arming themselves with so much firepower.

Well I have heard some Buford's bits on Fred Imus's show on Sirius.
Had no clue it was the Statler Brothers. Another fact stored away for my turn on "Who wants to be a Millionaire".

Anonymous said...

Obama will never have credibility as long as Geithner is in charge. The Right is already testing the waters for a possible race war or religious war, and Fox News seems to be the main instigator.

I figured you would know of Lester and the boys. I traded a joint for the album nearly 30 years ago.

Blog Archive