Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Grumpy and Dopey

 Color by nostalgia

Nothing going on today. Itchy eyes and sneezin' my fool head off. Carolyn is running errands and I am trying to catch up on my Megashot commenting. Not much use to comment on Flickr anymore; only a very few close friends comment on my photos there; the other folks could at least stop by and say they don't like my stuff; it would make things simpler. The site is becoming an online joke as it tries to catch up to Megashot while blocking all links to megashot.net and its member's photos. Megashot membership may cost a bit more than Flickr Pro accounts, but with Megashot, you are getting much more than just a social site; you are getting your own home page for your photos.
----
Texas built its wealth with the petroleum industry, so I don't feel as badly concerning BP oil gobs hitting the beaches there as I do for Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. I do get emotional when I think of all the wildlife that the oil is harming on any and all shorelines. There is not one real effort being considered—much less put in place—to prevent this from happening again at any moment. America the Foolish!
----
I'm always grouchy when my eyes are messed up, but I am still very lovable. Have a good Tuesday!
----
Y'all!
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, nostalgic photography, my friend. Wonderful light. I have just viewed your site on megashot.net. You made a new banner and many of your photos which posted here are really wonderful.
Unfortunately, megashot.net page works rather slowly in my laptop. Maybe my computer is not good. I think Flickr shouldn't block the links to megashot.net site. It's a bit stupid.
xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your always encouraging comments, Jola.

Megashot should be pretty fast; Cyrus uses "Cloud" servers which are the fastest available and the site is ranked in the top 25% for fast page loads. Of course, there are many "in-between" circumstances that can cause a site to be slow on any given network or computer.

I understand Flickr being wary of competition, but they should worry more about beating Megashot and less about blocking it. A lot of the people coming to Megashot from Flickr are doing so because of Flickr's arbitrary policies and censorship; they say they won't go back.

Have a good Wednesday, my friend. :-)

Mark said...

It will be interesting to see where Flickr goes as competition becomes increasingly tougher for them. Since they are the king it will be tough to knock them off.

However all kings eventually get knocked of their throne.

Tammy said...

that looks like a lonely hot swingset.
Hope your allergies clear soon, maybe by fall? Tia brought home her gecko for me to "watch" whilst she is off at college. I think I am allergic to it and have been sneezing nonstop since she brought it.
sorry that I don't look much at the flicker stuff... for anybody. I just don't have that much computer time and stick to the few things that I can handle.

Anonymous said...

Flickr will be around a long time yet, I suppose. There is plenty of room for them and Megashot and I hear Flickr is considering a premium Pro account to cover some of Megashot's bases. Competition will make them both better.

Thanks, Mark.
Hope you had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I tried to use the color fade from front to back for a reverse nostalgic effect but it didn't work well. The kids that used this have outgrown it and is looks kind of lonely, too.

GEICO gekko? Animal allergies ain't to be sneezed at; my daughter is allergic to cat spit; she can't even hold a kitten. Hope you find relief.

Don't worry about my photos; if you've seen one, you've pretty well seen them all.

Thanks, Tammy.

Blog Archive