Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Palin-Cheney in '12 ... or ... Ken the Bagger?



One hour ago the sky was clear all over the place; now it is raining heavily. More rain, please! What is different today than yesterday? My tooth still hurts but not as badly, the sores are itching much worse, I can't get a decent shower because I am not to get the wounds wet, I didn't sleep well, sinuses are clogged, and I am another day older. The good part; I lived through it. Now, I cannot get on Megashot to look at my beautiful pictures. I don't have a way to know if it is my connection or if the site is down; I think Megashot needs a blog to inform people if and when they are down.
----
This country seems to thrive on stoopid, so I have decided to support the Tea Baggers in this and the next election. I need to find out what time Sara Palin comes on Fox News so I can get a real view of this country's problems. There doesn't seem to be a organized central leader for the rebels without a cause; it is mostly a bunch of local cells across the country protesting everything they see as government related except the things which benefit them personally. They don't like government healthcare spending, but invading non-threatening Iraq and causing the maiming of thousands of our soldiers whom are very expensive to rehabilitate and will be on government subsidies for the rest of their lives is ok, not to mention all the Iraqi civilians who have been killed and injured and we as taxpayers here are paying to care for there. The last time there were meaningful "cells" for a cause in this country was before the Cold War began. Most of you will not remember good ol' boy Joe McCarthy (don't confuse him with Charlie McCarthy; Charlie was much smarter), but he managed to break up the communist cells and probably came near to causing the US military to take control of the government. He would approve of the bagger cells though, and they are a worse threat to our freedom than those wretched Russian infiltrators ever were. Yep, you can now call me Ken the Bagger as I set forth on my mission to destabilize this government run by evil liberals and push for the Sara-Dick ticket in naught-twelve.
----
I am off to take Carolyn to dentist; I should be so lucky!
----
Have a good Tuesday and when election day comes, write my name in on your ballot; I promise real change! I am the new "Me" generation.
----


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think that now when I have on-line American friends I should know more about USA.
I wonder which famous novels should I read if I want to understand American spirit. I know pretty good Russian literature, German ((I decided to read once again "The Magic Mountain" by Thomas Mann), a bit French, unfortunately, not American.

I heard about Sara Palin. She doesn't seem to be talented person, but she is v. ambitious.

It was interesting to read about McCarthyism. Thanks for this link, my friend.

Anonymous said...

That is a tall order to find one novel which defines the American spirit. We are so diverse and have changed so much over the years that it is hard to pinpoint just one book. I hope Alice, Mark, Tammy, and Maggie can help out with this. Maggie is Canadian, so she may be in a better position for suggestions than are the rest of us.
I suggest you start here:
http://www.literaturepage.com/read/thefourmillion.html
It is a collection of short stories by one of my favorite writers whose pen name was O. Henry. "The Gift of the Magi" is very good as is "The Furnished Room". His hometown is the same as Mark's newly adopted hometown; Greensboro, North Carolina.
There are many novels I like including "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", "Catcher in the Rye", "The Grapes of Wrath".
You can read Huckleberry Finn here:
http://www.online-literature.com/twain/huckleberry_finn/1/
It is written in country dialect much like I used (and still use) when growing up.

Help me out folks!

Good ol' Sara Palin; she is one of them good old boys who will glady give you her shirt and then burn a cross in your yard.

McCarthyism is one of America's defining moments.

Mark said...

wow, what books define America.
The three you picked are pretty good examples. I might add " To Kill a Mockingbird". Not sure what would cover the last 50 years. Need something to cover the late 60's and early 70's to show why we are who we are today.

If Palin and Cheney ran together it would be frightening.

Tammy said...

To Kill a Mockingbird was my first choice. may I also add: any of the Little House on the Prarie books (my childhood favorite, quite simple but lovely), Little Women by Louise May Alcott, Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (so wonderful this one), and The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Just for the fun of it). I'm sure I have more. Just off the top of my head. Good reading friend.

Anonymous said...

I thought of "Mockingbird" too. Also Jack Kerouac's "On the Road".
Tough call.

Anonymous said...

I thought about "Little Women" too, and the "Little House" series is very good.
I just thought of "Charles Kuralt's America" which I think may be a good look at plain America in the late 20th century. Kuralt did a segment for the tv show in Jonesborough.
Seems like every ten years there is a new "defining" book coming out.

Anonymous said...

WOW … so many suggestions. Thanks v. much my friends. I heard about "Kill a Mockingbird" ( I think it was such movie), "The Grapes of Wrath" ( this book was in my hands when I was v. young) and "On the Road". I'll try to read about all of them on the Internet and find the Polish translations. Later I hope to read also English version.

Blog Archive