Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Assorted legs and holes



Historic Jonesborough
 This scene will dramatically change to hysteric come
Story Telling time.

Carolyn is up in arms; she has four new dining chairs in the dining area, and a gimpy three-legged table upside-down on the living room floor. We ordered the outfit online from a reputable dealer and it was shipped by truck and got here very quickly. When my son assembled it, he realized one of the table legs had holes for threaded inserts to accept bolts but no inserts. That was two weeks ago tomorrow. The next day, Carolyn phoned the store and told them of her problem and they said they would check into it. Tuesday rolled around and she phoned again; seems the first guy failed to inform the right people, so she had to again relate her problem to customer service. Finally on Thursday we received an email from the store saying they had contacted the manufacturer and they wanted to know if we needed a left-side or right-side leg. The stupid table legs are all alike; interchangeable! I sent them and email again telling them we need a table leg and not a chair leg! Tuesday this week comes around and still no word from the store so Carolyn phones them again and she was not nice this time. They claimed that we forgot to put our order number in the email and they could do nothing. The order number was on the email and my email address links to it on their system anyway. I then sent an email saying enough is enough (not the language I used) and for them to send a prepaid RMA and to contact their carrier to come get the table and chairs. I put the order number in bold type. I then received an apology from the store via email and they said they had made a mistake about needing a chair leg and had again contacted the manufacturer about a replacement and would keep us informed. Carolyn has thirty days to complain to the credit card company about the purchase and they will contact the seller and decide if we should be charged. Well, you know how that always comes out. Carolyn has said she will not pay for the set if her plight is not remedied, and she won't. I can fix the problem myself and already have all the necessaries at hand to do so.
----
Took Carolyn to dentist yesterday and he pulled a tooth for her. I asked her this morning how she felt and she replied that she had a big hole there. I told her now she had one on both ends and that is when the fight started. She has gone to hairdresser right now and I am licking my war wounds. My back isn't itching as badly today, my tooth is still tender but almost as well as it will ever be, the sky is again threatening, and life ain't half bad.
----
May your Wednesday winklepickers fit like old friends.
----
Y'all come!
----

8 comments:

Tammy said...

HA. Don't you just hate companies that can't get it together. I don't blame Carolyn for the ruffled feathers. I'd be spitting ten-penny nails also, and would sent the bastard back even though we both have husband that can fix the problem. More often that not it is the principle behind the problem that irritates.
you deserve hissing from the mamma bird with that comment dear friend.
get better

Anonymous said...

That is the worst problem about buying online; not being able to get my hands around someone's throat; figuratively speaking of course. ;)

She just has no sense of humor!

Thanks, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn visits her hairdresser on each Wednesday! It's lovely ritual; rather unknown for me, because my hair is long.
I understand that she was angry when you told her about the wholes. My reaction would be similar; and I would go to my ...cosmetician.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot ... these shoes ... lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry ... 'hole', not 'whole'.;-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, she goes each week and has her hair washed and set. It is a ritual that has been going on for more than 30 years. Now she is becoming bald.

Aw, you girls just don't have any sense of humor; I think my remark was very funny. Besides, I was speaking of the hole in the sole of her winklepickers. ;-)))

Mark said...

Raise a little hell and send a email to somebody up the food chain and you can make things happen.

You could also put something on Twitter and see what happens.

I think you comment was funny but trouble from Carolyn had to be expected.

Those shoe are pretty cool. Pimpin style.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling Carolyn is going to keep the phones hot between here and Calif. come Monday.

At one time a remark like that would have gotten me slap up side of my head and then maybe a tumble in the bed; now days we exchange a bit of toilet humor but no tumbles; sad ... really sad.

Them shoes were made for talkin'!

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive