Saturday, July 10, 2010

 I think this is my best hosta blossom photo

We had a minor rain event at my house last evening and the grass is a bit greener this morning. The temps have moderated and it is actually nice outside with mostly cloudy skies.
----
Hopefully by Monday, I will have a bit more time to spend on the Megashot Facebook pages; at the moment I am pooped from a busy week and lack of sleep.Nope, just remembered; eye doc Monday and I will invaded and dilated.
----
Megashot.net was offline for a few hours yesterday while coders worked at bringing new features online. The new doo-dads are mostly vanity items to do with Explore and contest winners. Unlike Flickr, Megashot has a meaningful Explore feature; one where members rate anonymously the photos of other members and the highest rated shots can make Megashot of the day, week, month, year, and all time in various categories. On Flickr, it seems like someone somewhere uses a witches potion and various incantations to decide which photos are "Most Interesting" and if it is not chosen the day it is uploaded, it will never make Explore.
----
For me, seeing a good photo or other artwork is like when I was a virgin and about to make love for the first time; there it is laid out before me and all I have to do is enter and savor the beauty of the presentation. When first viewed, a good photo causes a small gasp from me and an adrenaline rush much like first sexual penetration and the deeper I get into it, the more I find to like. Sigh ...
----
Have a super Saturday!
----
Y'all!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, that seeing a good photo is like an sexual experience for you. Nice! You are right, in this case the memories from our youth are the most beautiful.

I worked a lot today (9.30 pm in Warsaw now). My last days before our long journey, so it was Worsh Day. D. was doing the shopping (as usually). It's season of delicious fruits in this part of world, and D. purchased some of them. I like a lot cherries. I can eat immediately one kilogram of them (at least), and it's ok ... I haven't stomach troubles.

I don't know such flower: 'hosta'. It's beautiful. :-)

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm still a virgin.

We are getting a lot of fresh peaches from South Carolina and Georgia, but most of our cherries come from western states. Don't make yourself so tired getting ready to go that you won't enjoy your trip.

Hostas are hardy plants with large leaves and like a lot of shade. They are wonderful border plants.

Thanks, Jola. :-)

Mark said...

Oh yeah, peaches are coming in like crazy. They are saying the cold winter is giving us a great harvest.

The contests on Megashot do bring viewers to the site.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to talk Carolyn into making peach honey; delicious if you aren't on a diet. :-(

Megashot is getting 10-20 new members each day now; Should hit 1000 by month's end.

Blog Archive