Monday, March 08, 2010

Wins and losses


Pee break on Clark's Creek

Sunday turned out to be a not so good day for photography; the light was jumping from muted sun to cloudy. I felt the downtown shooting would be best done in late morning or late afternoon full sunlight. We again rode some back roads and as usual, wound up in the mountains. Although the air temperature was mild, there was still lingering snow in the upper hills. I didn't get any good photos whatsoever, but the ones I did get will be on the blog this week. It was exciting just using the camera once again, and all but two of the shots I made were while sitting in the Escape. I had to stop for a pee break along Clark's Creek and made the above shot and another of a decrepit bracket mushroom which I like pretty well.
----
The Lady Vols won he Southeastern Conference basketball tournament last evening with a victory over a good Kentucky team. They should get a number one seeding in the upcoming NCAA tournament.
----
Mr Obama, why don't you just chuck the entire farce of medical care reform? You are making a big push for something that has been watered down, castrated, starved, and with so many enemas shoved up the bill's ass it looks nothing like your original proposal. You have failed to keep your promise of real reform in medial care, and the way it stands right now, no one but big business will benefit from its passage. Your best bet as president is repeat what your predecessor did; go somewhere and start a war ... after all, you are an American!
----
May the Force be with you on this beautiful worsh day!
----

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm sure we will all look forward to spring photos from your camera. I'm thinking spring may actually be on its way. I washed the cat.. does that count on wash day? She's been ate up with fleas and is just miserable with her scratching. Had to put that horrible medicine on her neck that makes her cringe and gag. I can't imagine what I am doing to her central nervous system with that crap but I'm not sure what else to do. I tried cedar oil which works some but not enough.
Happy day to you all.

Anonymous said...

Spring in E. Tenn.! Lovely photo. Lovely light and shadows. Lovely forest road. I wish he had such weather here, in Warsaw. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just checked the almanac and cat washing does count as part of wash day. I bet the cat keeps the birds on their guard.

I've never had a problem with cat fleas, but I've had several dogs with them. Nothing seems to work very well in ridding them of the parasites except sitting and picking them off, and that isn't going remove all of them.

Have a good evening, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

When spring does come to Warsaw, you will enjoy it much the more. The photo is from the area where we camped a lot up until about 10 years ago; it is beginning to get trashy there again. We had some wild and crazy times on the mountainside. There are several waterfalls here, but they are mostly difficult to get to now; back in the day, we visited them often.

Have a good Tuesday, Jola.

Blog Archive