Sunday, March 07, 2010

Spring threatens


Yesterday

Three straight days of clear skies and mild temps sure beats all the miseries the cloudy days and continuous snow brought to us. Today there is some high mist tempering the brightness, but cloudless skies prevail. I was able to spend a little time on the porch yesterday; the sunshine on my face and bare chest felt wonderful ... when the breeze wasn't chilling me. Carolyn's daffodils are again showing signs of life; she is hoping the squirrels will not dine on them before they bloom. The mocking bird has taken over the suet feeder and is making life tough for smaller birds.
----
The photos shows an exciting change in conditions over the past few days. At bottom left is one of Carolyn's flower beds where the daffodils are coming up. The field at the red barn again has a couple of horses, but they were probably in the mountains being ridden on the lovely day. In background is Buffalo Mt., so named because it looks like the back and hump of a bison. You can probably tell there is plenty of lingering snow. This entire view will change slowly but dramatically over the next two months; the oak trees will bring shade to the yard, and the fence line will soon obscure the view of the fields, barn, and mountains as the vines and trees do their springtime thing. Clouds of pollen will make it all a beautiful misery for my nose.
----
I am now going to clean the camera and prepare to go make some photos; Mark's work has me itching to make some shots downtown (what is left of it). When the grass begins to green, I will return to shooting more landscapes and—hopefully—some spring flowers. At this moment, I think I hear the forsythia smiling.
----
I wish all of you a sunny Sunday!
----

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The description of the photo "Yesterday" is so charming that I read it loudly. English is beautiful!
I'm awaiting the photo of forsythia (smiling). :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, my friend.

A dose of sunshine always makes me feel better, particularly after a cold winter.

Hope you have a great Monday. :-)

Mark said...

Oh yeah, spring has sprung for sure. I did see some daffodils yesterday all along someones yard. That is a good sign. In the 60's here all week long. Hopefully my sinus problems can be held in check until I get insurance and get to a doc for meds. But the feeling is in the air.

Bring on the green.

Blog Archive