Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Riding along in my automobile ..."


Humbly dedicated to the Tea Party


I took Carolyn to Fall Branch yesterday to clean the building and made a few photos from the parking lot while sitting in the Escape. I shot a white house with a bright red roof, and a freshly painted fire hydrant with a bright red top. I wanted to get a photo with both elements together, but I would have to have been on my belly to try it. Actually maybe not. I forgot about my Gorillapod. I could possibly have maneuvered the car to where I could have flexed the little tripod close to the ground and set the lens's f/stop to its smallest size. I may have been able to sit on the sill of the open car door and accomplish a decent photo ... but, I forgot I had the pod with me. I would recommend every serious photographer have one of these tripods; they are very flexible, lite in weight, and extremely usable when a ball-head is added. Jobi makes sizes for p&s cameras on up to heavy dslr's with big zoom lenses.
----
Damn, I need to get these freaking taxes finished. It would be easier if I were getting a refund or just breaking even, but I fear the wrath of Obama when he finds out I under-paid the last half of 2009. He will not be able to make payments to China and Saudi Arabia on the Wall Street bailout loans. I got dem Gitmo Blues!
----
Next weekend is supposed to be very nice with temps of 70F+ (21C+). Picnic time at Wilbur or Watauga Lake!
----
This week is the high-holy week for many Christians, culminating with Easter Sunday. In the US, Easter has come to be the time when new spring fashions are sprung. Retailers from Wal-Mart to Christian Dior will be displaying their finest on bodies of ladies, gentlemen, and children everywhere as they go to church for prayer and to be seen. For many of these devout pilgrims, it will be the only day of the year that they attend services. Amen ...
----
To celebrate the furtherment of gross stupidity, I offer the above photo to the Tea Party nuts and Republicans in general; a Cross and Old Glory on a White barn that is full of horse shit.
----
Title lyrics by Chuck Berry.
----
Have a great week, my friends!
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

The Gorillapod is pretty nice. I need a good tripod, although I rarely use the one I have.

The Tea Party is great. Let the fools get all kinds of press. They will be their own death.

Love that barn.

Anonymous said...

I hardly use a tripod, but I like the flexibility of the Gorillapod.

I hope the Tea Party soon has another rally near here; I want pics of insanity.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive