Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pray and pay




Another Sunday, or as my uncle Vernon Anderson used to say, "pray and pay day". You can probably guess that I metamorphosed some of my religious philosophy from him. Vernon was quite a dude: a playboy, a rounder, a philosopher, a bigamist, and an all around fun loving and happy guy. He lived near his sister in the Chattanooga area for most of his life, and when we would visit on weekends when I was in my mid-teens, he would take me out on the town with him on Saturday nights. I learned a lot.
----
I was planning to get out and do some shooting today, but it looks like rain is imminent. Chris is borrowing the Escape, and I would love to have Carolyn drive me around in the van. In it, I sit up high enough to see things I would normally miss, and having a driver means I get to look around for possibilities. If i don't go shooting, I will probably once more hit the income tax forms and maybe fill out the census thingy.
----
Have a good Sunday!
----

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I would love to sit at your feet and hear stories of you and Uncle Vernon. Isn't gin and tonic a fabulous drink? Bettery not comment anything about praying in my current state. xoxo TAmatha.
p.s. the garden is all planted. I am tired and dirty.

Anonymous said...

Gin and tonic ... a healthy drink.

Tammy, it sounds like you are reaping your first rewards from your hard work in the garden. :-)

Thanks, my friend.

Tammy said...

I should never talk, type, or render any opinions when I partake in the gin. Sheesh, horrible spelling. Have a good Monday

Anonymous said...

You did good!
Do you still have a bit of the hair of the dog in your head this morning? A slight hangover? :-)

Thanks, Tammy.

Blog Archive