Monday, March 15, 2010


Sandstorm — Giza

Damn, I am having a heck of a time getting used to D.S.T. Yesterday morning I was in deep sleep until 10:00am and this morning it was 9:00am before I crawled out of the sack. I am naturally lazy, but I do like to be up and about by 8:00am. In warm weather, I am usually on the porch by 7:00am; the critters and and sunshine demand I be there. It is nice to be needed.
----
Congress sucks and the president is a wimp.
----
Yesterday was spent not doing taxes. Not mine; not anyone's. I did get somewhat caught up on Flickr and Mega Shot, and I looked at a lot of photos; it wasn't a bad day. Saturday coming is supposed to be decent as far as weather goes, so I will want to get out and about with the camera. We both need a good physical workout.
----
Photo story: As you most likely know, I've never visited Egypt, much less laid eyes on a pyramid. The only camel I've ever seen was at a circus when I was a kid. The photo is a silhouette of the backside of the first church I ever attended; it still exists. I found an icon photo of a camel online and placed it in the shot; I then used some Paintshop Pro native filters and other plugins to create the illusion of an aged photo with blowing sand. I have an earlier version on Flickr, and this is one from Mega Shot. There is not a lot of my own work I really like, but I do like this little creation.
----
May your bloomers come clean on this dreary wash day!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

cool photo. My dance teacher and dear friend just came home from a 3week tour of Egypt. She rode real camels in the white desert and brought me a handmade Berber rug. Some day when I get the money together I'll go with her on her yearly trips to Egypt, Morocco, and other North African countries to learn about Middle-Eastern Dance. Until that time... I'll be in the same boat with you in the land of make-believe Egypt...

I was thinking that if you used froot loops in your bowel it would make a pretty cool photo and be quite appropriate in other ways...

Yellow finches are making a nest in my staghorn fern outside my window. I can see them bringing bits of nesting materials in. last year a black garden snake coiled itself in my staghorn fern and ate the babies much to my horror. I'll be on guard this year.

Hope monday is treating you well. Almost done with work today and glad of it. the extra hour of daylight is calling me.

Anonymous said...

Bloomers...?! Big pants?! No! Who wears bloomers today? As for my "bloomers", they are little nad gentle panties. Ken, you are kidding, I think. ;-)

I would be rather very poor in Egypt because of my sun allergy. I'm not planning such travel, however I really love warm countries of southern Europe, e. g. Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia.

I like your "little creation", my friend. :-)

Anonymous said...

A visit to an exotic place like Egypt would be wonderful. Learning more about the dance from people who have performed it as part of their culture would be a heck of an experience. Hope you make it.

I generally eat froot loops from the box, but that is a good idea.

Our goldfinches are just now beginning to take their breeding colors. Snakes gotta eat, too; just not at your house, huh? :-)

My squirrel friend "Little One" is sick. He is 8 yrs. old, and that is a long life for a squirrel.

Hope your garden is doing well. :-)

Thanks, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

I guess i wear the big bloomers, Jola. :-)

You definitely do not need to be in a lot of sun. I am light complected, but not so much as you, I think. All the places you mention sound so exotic, and I still want to visit Istanbul. In fact and although I've never been there, I want to live in Istanbul. :-)

Thanks; I did not have to spend much time on the little creation. :-)

Mark said...

Monday was a nightmare for me. The phones were out of control yesterday. Of course that is actually a good thing. However when I am working on bids answering the phone is a complete pain.

Looks like the lower 70's Friday and Saturday. Time for shorts.

You have plenty of reason to like your work!!

Anonymous said...

I hate constantly ringing phones. But for you, it is prosperity. :-)

We are supposed to have mid-60's at best this weekend.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive