Sunday, March 14, 2010

Over-slept


“It's so lonely when you don't even know yourself.”
~Unknown

A rainy cold Sunday seems to fit my mood just fine. I am in the middle of preparing taxes and if it wasn't for the pleasure of bitching about doing them, I would hire them done. Sadistic pleasure? I had cold cereal for breakfast this morning, and that too melds with my aura of doom and gloom. Someone has to pay for wars and congressional salaries.
----
The grass has greened quite a bit more since Friday; robins are giving earthworms a hard time and henbit is blooming in the side yard. Wild onions are everywhere, but I haven't seen a dandelion as yet on our lot; like taxes they are inevitable.
----
The Lady Vols will host the the first two rounds of of NCAA Regional tournament games; they should go in as top seed in their bracket. This is the first time since 2005 they have been a host school. Pat's influence in the game, the fact that the women's Hall of Fame is in Knoxville, and the need for good public support in early games are probably the reasons UT was selected. No other team in women's college basketball has as much fan support and loyalty as do the Lady Volunteers. Tradition is very important in college sports and their bottom line. The NCAA needs money.
----
I need to get on Flickr for awhile and do some photo viewing and commenting; same with Mega Shot. I am a person whom has nothing to do all day but cannot find enough time to do it.
----
Be good to yourself today!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken … be good for yourself too. Please try to eat breakfast cereal warm at least. Nobody like taxes. I communism (as I remember) there were not taxes; anyway we didn’t like communism. ;-))
xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

I had to eat some cereal just to get the photo. No one but the elite party members benefited from communism, I suppose. I am glad it is in the past for Europe. :-)

Thanks, my friend.

Mark said...

I did my taxes and am getting a nice refund. Will use most of it to pay of debt incurred during unemployment and moving up here.

Would like to be debt free by years end if at all possible.

Time for a nap. I am tired as all get out. Whatever that means.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that moving expenses because of a job change are a good deduction.

Thanks, Mark :-)

Blog Archive