Friday, March 19, 2010

Feelin' groovy

Yesterday's western sky

April 2009

Dandelion

My worst complaints about Flickr are its slowness and the arrogance of the administrators (Yahoo). Generally, photos load in a reasonable time except for the larger sizes. The thing that takes most time is on photos that already have a lot of comments, especially comments with group invites. You make your comment then wait many seconds before it registers and at times the site gets "hiccups" and the comment will not register. They were very arrogant by allowing videos on the site without consulting members, particularly their paying "Pro" members. Flickr was already becoming very slow, and the bandwiidth used by short movies made the problem much worse. Yahoo now has the means to upgrade its system, but so far is not doing so. Flickr is a cash cow for Yahoo, and they need to keep the milk flowing even if they have to spend some money to do so.
----
Today is a ratty-assed shot day.
----
Yesterday I was on the porch basking in warm hot sunshine, shirtless and pant legs rolled up, and I managed to get some color on my chest, belly, and legs. Today I may stop by the park and get some shots of people walking their dogs and basking in some of this wonderful weather. Tomorrow is to be warm again and partly cloudy; I should hit the road looking for photo ops. Sunday is to be rainy and much cooler.
----
Happy Friday!
----

6 comments:

Tammy said...

We have had sun but the wind still has a bite and I can't imagine sitting out partially nude just yet. Nice to see the blue sky in your neck of the woods. I don't put any photos on flicker or megashot because I'm no photo taker. I like to look at everybody's pictures though. Some of the photos posted seem a bit pretentious to me (i.e., young people half clothed in strange light w/ cigarettes, and moody dispositions). Grow up already who cares. Show me a creative photo of a dove and I'm yours!!! The finches are so busy in the fern with their nesting preparations. I can't wait for the babies. If all goes well I'll be in the dirt tomorrow. Happy weekend to all.

Anonymous said...

Happy weekend, Tammy!

The temp yesterday was just over 60 but there was very little wind.

I like all kinds of photos, but not a bunch that constantly look just alike. Everyone of the arty types seem to want to emulate each other and it is boring to look at.

Hope you soon have baby finches. :-)

Anonymous said...

My God, this second photo (spring farm) is so beautiful. I love so much landscapes; such kind of photos soothes my heart.
Yes, happy weekend to you, my friends. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
Glad you like the farm photo. I don't excite easily, but this scene made me very happy just to have viewed it. Spring's promise was being fulfilled. :-)

Happy weekend; hope you can get some work with the new Nikon. :-)

Mark said...

Flickr is slow and there are a fair amount of problems with censorship going on. For Yahoo it is about money.

Anonymous said...

Yep ...

Blog Archive