Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Flickrnikmicrogooglehoo, Inc.?


Holston Mountain in East Tennessee

I've about got it figured out that Facebook is a complicated site and I am having a problem getting into the flow of things. I placed a blurb about Google buying the online photo editing site, Picnik, and it was soon deleted by someone somewhere. Net censorship is something we have to learn to live with, especially when we are using others social sites, but I don't think what I said was offensive. I said that Google owns Picnik, Picnik has a partnership with Flickr, Flickr is owned by Yahoo, and Yahoo has a partnership with Microsoft. A new company could be called (I forget what silly name I wrote on Facebook) Flickrnikmicrogooglehoo, Inc.

Another thing that is quite Flickr-ish about Facebook is people will ask to be your friend, you check them out and let them into your life, you comment on their posts, but you never get anything in return; no comments, no kiss-my-ass, no nothing; they ignore you. This is not everyone; just a few people you didn't know from the git-go. I will still check on my friends there, but as a social site, all I can say for Facebook is FAIL.
----
It is still snowing.
----
The photo is of Holston Mt. and the ice covered tv and communication towers thereon. The cloud band over the peaks is mist rising due to rare sunlight melting the snow cover. It ascends until it cools to ambient and then condenses. There are a lot of plane crashes on this mountain. On this side is a small-town airport on on the other side of the hill is Tri-Cities Regional Airport which can handle the largest planes in existence. Holston Mt. sometimes jumps up in front of airplanes; it is more than 4,000 feet a.s.l.
----
Have a safe and well Wednesday!
----

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Holston Mountain looks the color blue. Lovely. I hate Facebook. I don't really understand the way it works and mostly I get innunidated with stupid "what superhero is your dog" crap. I can't be on it any more as I don't have good people skills, says one of my dear friends. Fine with me, waste of time and I don't really care about whose kid ate what for breakfast. It would be fun to have a little squirrel sit on my lap and eat peanuts. I'd love to have the birds eat seeds out of my hand like Jola did in the park.

Anonymous said...

Facebook is the bible for a lot of people, but it just isn't for me; I'm not anti-social but, but most of the stuff is so mundane.

I had a little squirrel I called "Little Bit" who would come and take peanuts from my fingers and sit beside me and eat. I was afraid to "tame" him much more because I know everyone is not as nice to the critters as I am he would probably get to close to my neighbor who is a jerk. Little Bit still comes around in winter and I open the bedroom door for him and he comes in and eats. He makes a mess, but he is worth it.

It isn't too difficult to get tits and chickadees to eat from your hand; they are normally nosy, and with a little patience they will come to you. You seem to have "a way" with birds. :-)

Thanks, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

I was patient and eventually I met the elk (she) in my Podlasie. It was close to the forest road. She was focused on eating dry branches. So clever animal. I was just looking at her and taking photos.
It was lovely moment.
Ken, please, give my regards to "Little Bit". :-)

Anonymous said...

It must have been very special to get so close to the mother elk (this is the one with the calf?). I believe you have a special way with animals, young lady. You probably would be a great naturalist. You say you are a city girl, but there is a lot of country lass in you, too.

I have a few deer come to the backyard, but one of them was killed by a car last week. She may have left a baby to freeze or starve, but I hope not.

I have one big English walnut left that I will give Little Bit for you. He gets excited when he gets a special nut and takes it to a tree to eat.

Hope you are soon well and out working the D60. ;-)

Thanks, Jola.

Mark said...

Facebook can get very annoying and they do a whole bunch of censorship. Complete bullshit if you ask me, well even if you do not. :)

Maggie said...

I caught a glimpse of the piknik piece on Facebook and wondered what had happened to it. It was a classic! I had no idea Facebook was a dictatorship! So much of it is just crap. I don't mind saying I am anti-social to that kind of dim wit stuff. Glad you have kept the gist of it here.

Still snowing!! unreal!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.
I've not been there long enough to know what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maggie.
I found the missing piece on my "Wall"--whatever the hell that is. Thanks for the "like".

Blog Archive