Monday, October 19, 2009

You played it for her, you can play it for me!




I suppose my whining and bitching have paid off; heavy frost this morning and a lovely, sunny day with mild temps. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
----
It is 62 days until the most important date of the year; winter solstice. On December 21, the days will begin shedding some darkness and replacing it with light, but the coldest days will not be until January and February. Still, I will be looking for robins returning from the Gulf coast, and for snow drops to poke their white blossoms from the ground. As I become older, spring becomes more meaningful; it is a time when I can forgive Mother Nature for making the winter almost unbearable. Even with that inconvenience, she has never been mean to me, and as much pouting as I do over the bad weather, she also forgives me and rewards my soul with one more springtime. When eventually I return to her bosom, she will know that her efforts were very much appreciated, and all the things she accomplished throughout my lifetime were for the good of the planet and for me. Bless you, Mom.
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

I was tent camping on Sunday night on the coast of Georgia near Brunswick and the temp was 44. It was also quite windy. It is a good thing beers and a huge fire took care of the cool temps.

Anonymous said...

Funny how beer tends to even out things. ;-)

Blog Archive