Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Journey Through the Heartland

I had much trouble sleeping last night; it is a curse of growing old. The dark time wasn't wasted as the more abstract part of my brain began to think random but elastically connected thoughts; those times are always my most creative in terms of what I should write about. Last night I themed a poem, but not being a poet, I cannot turn my thoughts into reality. Today I remembered most of what I saw in my mind, and I've written it down as best I can. I don't know if if I understand it, but maybe you can figure it out for yourself. Maybe it is incomprehensible. This is a first draft (and possibly the only draft), so please forgive my rambling ways. I will leave it here for a day or so while trying to figure out its destiny.
----

This was moved to my writing blog if you are interested.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to be v. nice, but - of course – I must have more time for making a translation.
I copied it.
You amaze me, Ken.

Anonymous said...

Your little book of "Moment" poems has inspired me, Jola; in more ways than one. You are a dear friend. :-)

Mark said...

Love, Pain, Sorrow......

Fear of the Heart.


Those are my names for your poem.
Well done. I can see the poem in my head. If I can visualize a poem then it is written well.

Tammy said...

Gasp. Wipe away the tear. Thanks for sharing.

Geeze when I can't sleep in the middle of the night all I do is try to rouse my husband. I wish my Type A personality would let me dream and write such beautiful words.

More please.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.
I am pleased to read your words. I may use one of your suggestions for a title; the one I have will be for a collection of some stuff :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.
I am too lazy to write the stuff down as it comes to mind at night, so I forget most of it by morning. For some reason this one stuck around. :-)

Blog Archive