Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mustard seeds


Black walnuts


A word about yesterday's post: it is in no way autobiographical.
----
Raining again! The ground is saturated and has been so for several weeks. NWS is predicting a warmer than average winter, probably much like we have had for the past 11 years. Suits me, although I could possibly stand to see one big snow, say six or more inches; February 1998 was the time of the last such. Up until about 1990, it was common to have several deep snows each winter. Of course with the big snows come tremendous problems such as power being out and not having the WWW at hand. Ghastly thought, actually.
----
My OLDEST friend--and she is a dear friend from old--will be celebrating her 65th BIRTHDAY tomorrow. Unlike myself, she does not show all those 780 MONTHS of living; she could easily pass for a lass of 40 years. Nope, 23,741 DAYS on this earth do not show with her except for a stray gray hair or two. Seems like just yesterday she was kidding me about turning 55 years old; my, how quickly a decade has flown by. She said we were in our "Golden Years" (a hateful phrase dreamed up by a Fifth Avenue ad agency). I have my own title for life after 60, but it isn't fit to be consumed by the delicate sensibilities of my dear readers. Always another tomorrow, Alice; always.
----
My email to Senator Snow has paid off; the President should present to me the Medal of Freedom for being the very person to bring the moderate Republican aboard the healthcare reform train. Sometimes I am in awe of my humble self.
----
The insurance companies are putting on a huge ruse in their ads against the healthcare bill. Actually, they are dancing with joy because nearly every American will be forced to buy an insurance policy from them, and there is no competing public option to cause them to lower prices and no real way to see that they fairly compete among themselves. Insurance company lawyers probably wrote the amended bill that jerk Senator Max Baucus sold out on. Ah yes! The politicians and CEO's will party hardy in balmy old Rio this winter and for many winters to come. Phooey!
----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken
Thanks for reminding me I will be entering my golden years. I hate thinking about turning 65.
I am in good health so I have a lot to be thankful for. So I will try to enjoy the rest of the "golden years"
I have left on this earth.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,
Oh, you will have many very good years yet, and I intend to be here to tell you about each of them.

Blog Archive