Monday, October 12, 2009

Like a thief in the night ...




I snuck in some research (web surfing) early this morning before my neighbor was up and I was able to use his wi-fi. He probably cannot detect whom is "borrowing" his bandwidth, but I try not to use it when he may be doing so as it will slow down his own downloads, etc. I am such a good-hearted thief.
----
A new beta release of Google's Chrome operating system is available for download if you are interested. The OS comes in a tarball (Linux .zip alternative) which can be installed via virtual machine, and an iso image file that can be burned to a cd and then installed on a spare hard disk. My recommendation would be to download and install it on a virtual machine like VirtualBox. Virtual machines run inside most operating systems including Windows and allow you to try different os'es at your pleasure. They work well; very well.

As of now, Chrome OS seems to be another run of the mill Linux distribution, and do not forget that it is beta, which means it will probably have bugs.
----
Now we know!
----
Perilous Pakistan: To invade or not to invade?
----
Very little of note going on at my abode. Carolyn and I went driving yesterday, looking for photo ops. We found very little that could be shot from within the car, or no more than a few feet away from it. We stopped for a few minutes in Jonesborough, Limestone, and made a pass-thru of Chucky. While at Limestone, we again drove to the Davy Crockett State Park and it was virtually empty of people.
----
Michael Jackson has a new song online; is he really the zombie he portrayed in Thriller?
----

5 comments:

Mark said...

Aslong as Chromeis still beta I think I will stay away.

And we need to keep out of Pakistan. Lord knows what that mess will bring. India may want a piece of that action.

Seems like a great time to visit state parks. With no people they are pretty relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Pakistan is probably an unsolvable problem unless rich and influential nations in the mid-east step in, but they will not for fear of having their oil compromised.

Tennessee has 87 state parks and are rated the best in the country.

Tammy said...

cool photo. I'm no photo taker. The photos that you and Mark take help me to "see" the every day a bit differently. How refreshing. The computer stuff lands on barren soil. The computer to me is like the car. If I can sit down and have it turn over, I'm happy. If not, I call someone else!

If I see one more Michael Jackson blub on the t.v. I'll scream.

The Doors had it right.. People are strange.

toodles on this Tuesday. Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy and thanks,

Mark is the master when it comes to photography and I am sure you would be good with a camera, too.

Yes, people are strange and it sweetens the pot of life in a sometimes mundane world.

Have a good day in the Sunshine State. :-)

Mark said...

Thank you......

Blog Archive