Friday, October 09, 2009

Peace!




What's in a name? If yesterday's post title means anything, a lot of people around the world seem interested in possum grapes and persimmons. I had more hits on the blog yesterday than I've had in about two years for non-religious utterings. Actually there weren't that many--less than 40--but I am used to getting between five and twenty per day. None of it buys me love and happiness and I definitely do not feel like I should win a Pulitzer, but I will sign autographs for 50 cents each 'cause I feel a star growing on my belly.
----
Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize. Not bad for a man presiding over two war fronts where innocent civilians are dying each day. I dunno ...

I was probably left off the list of possible recipients of the award because of my hawkish stand against the reckless act of deep-frying Moon Pies®; civilized people know they should be treated with respect by being fricasseed and served under roux. Red wine always; Mad Dog preferred.

I should win a lifetime achievement award just on suspicion I have done something good over the past 6.5 decades. Alas, peons are always the bridesmaids.
----
I have big plans for today: I hope to have my hair cut and then go for my weekly fix of methotrexate. If time permits, I may hang out at the drugstore for a bit with other geezers while we await the filling of our many prescriptions. Last time I was there we spent an idle hour comparing our false teeth. I could even ease into The Cottage for LDL on a bun and a cold mug of the "Champagne of Bottled Beer".


4 comments:

Tammy said...

Wish I could tag along and stop and get lunch with you. We could have a good chat about stars and squirrels.
Enjoy the day.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it would be nice.
Thanks, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the short answer, Tammy. Company came by just as I was trying to write.
The lunch wasn't very good, but the beer was perfect. I think all my squirrels are of the star-belly type, except for one runt named Shorty. The others boss him around, but he is the most intelligent of the lot. He has learned that if he sits between my feet the others will not bother him while he eats. :-)

Mark said...

I'll nominate you for a Pulitzer next year. Peons will be bridesmaids no more.

Peace Prize for doing what.........

Blog Archive