Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nothing really




I caught a bit of commentary concerning the balloon, the boy, and the non-event. I still think it did not deserve an hour long news program dedicated to it, whether it was done for publicity or was in fact a localized happening. Looks like the media blew it out of proportion just to have story. There is real news to be covered by the huge networks, but if they do not deem it entertaining, it is treated as an inconvenience. I can imagine what Nancy Grace did with the "story".
----
Obama seems pleased that the healthcare legislation is moving forward. Like all presidents, getting something passed even if it is bad is good.
----
I am seriously considering going out in this vicious weather and trying to make a few photos. There probably will not be any good leaf color this year, so now is as good a time as any. I hope I don't stress my fragile little body.
----
Some leaves are looking more promising than I thought they would. We drove around in Carter County for an hour or two and the hillsides are looking pretty decent, but the river valley is not doing much. Next weekend may be the best, and one of my Flickr friends is planning to come up from Nashville for some shooting. Carolyn and I hope to be able to show her some pretty leaves.
----
The Smoking Gun's
Mugshots of the Week!

2 comments:

Mark said...

The ballon boy thing is just odd and gettting odder.

I hear the leavees are very mixed this year. Hope your Flickr tour turns out well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive