Sunday, October 11, 2009

Getting it on




For the past several weeks--since Carolyn's medical bills came in; they are not for the faint of heart or the thin of pocketbook--I have been "borrowing" internet access via wi-fi from a couple of my neighbors, mostly when they aren't home. This means I cannot upload as many photos as I once did, and my presence on Flickr is very limited. I write this blog in a word processor and then publish it when no one is "looking". Fortunately for me, there are two houses close by that have not secured their wireless internet, and I can log on just as if they were my own. Being without full time net access is limiting my writing in other areas as well; I use Google for my writing like people use salt on their food. I've never been know for my intelligence, and without the power of Google, I would be a complete dolt. If I owe anyone an email reply, just hold your tater and I will get back to you sooner or later.
----
The weather here is so flaky; seems like nature will not put together more than two days of partial sunshine without following with several days of clouds and rain. Mom Nature is hurling the garbage we have been feeding her for so many years. We must learn to play nice and use clean toys.
----
The two wars are escalating ... or is it three wars? Obama wants to separate the Afghanistan thing into a semi-passive front against the Taliban and a hot war against al queda. I bet both those parties are getting a big laugh out of that. Does he think the Taliban will stand by and wait while we "destroy" al qeada? It is good to split enemy forces when on the attack, but I don't think the Taliban will be idle while al qeada falls and then it will be their own turn. Islamic fervor is not stupid fervor.
----
Enough for today.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I can imagine the bills are rather insane. Scary I am sure.

As for borrowing your neighbors wi-fi I see no problem over all.

I do not even know what to do in our war on terror. It is such a mess. There is no winning this thing. We have have made some grave errors here and know we can't just leave. although we should.

Anonymous said...

I agree on the terror mistakes; Catch-22 now.

Blog Archive