Sunday, October 04, 2009

Duds, Docs, and AM radio




Max Baucus (D-Mont.), Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) and Tom Carper (D-Del.) are the five corporate owned Democrats whom voted against the public option in insurance reform. Baucus is one of the main culprits in legislation to force Americans to buy an insurance policy whether or not they can afford it. Looks like Obama got exactly what he desired, but it is a far cry from what he told voters he wanted. The Reagan legacy lives on.
----
I finally made it to the doc's office Friday for my shot and they fixed me up with a flu shot, too. People around here whom want a pig flu shot will probably have to go to the Health Department to get one. I don't know if the injections will work and prevent the H1N1 as advertised, or whether they may be a placebo hoax to make us feel safer if we do get a shot.
----
Our friend Tammy appeared on a radio talk show Saturday morning at 8:00. I awoke just before air time, rushed to the computer, loaded Linux, googled the station, and prepared to meet her via AM radio. Then I realized there was a video feed to the internet, and by the time I found out there was no plugin for the format, and by the time I rebooted into Win7, and by the time I located, downloaded, and installed a suitable plugin to view the stream, Tammy had been there and gone. Sorry, Tammy; it is what I get for waiting until the last minute to do something; I generally do not procrastinate that badly. However, I did catch some of the audio (I think you may have overheated Matt Jeffs) and the shows are archived; as soon as it is posted, I will be seeing it.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Bill Nelson is about as inspiring to watch as Mitch McConnell is. A complete bore.

I wonder how many people will get the H1N1 shot. Will it be like the swine flu mess of 1976. I bet there will be large numbers of people who will not get the shot because of that.

Tammy rocks.

Tammy said...

Thanks for supporting me my friends! My teacher Jean Courter is a wealth of knowledge on Middle Eastern dance and has traveled the world in search of information on, and has studied with the masters of the art - not to mention a fabulous dancer herself. Hopefully we educated some of the general public on Middle Eastern dance. Fortunately there were no costume malfunctions (Mike was concerned about such an event). Ah, the power of the sequin....

I've turned the news off for a while and disconnected to get a break from the shame of it all. Flu shots are important for those at risk; however, my mind it not made up about the other injection. I tend to think we are so driven by fear in this country that I would hesitate on that shot.

Lovely week to all. Its is hot and muggy here again. My squirrels are taking their extra rations of peanuts and burying them in the garden! the hawks remain...

Anonymous said...

As for the H1N1 flu, the US government doesn't seem too concerned, while UN is screaming "pandemic". Neither has any credibility.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to both of you for the chance to hear and see a mostly misunderstood art. Now I gotta ask, do either of you have anything on YouTube?

Our local skies have plenty of migrating raptors heading your way; keep the squirrels good and fat.

Have a good week, Tammy.

Blog Archive