Saturday, October 24, 2009


Tomato farm in the Nolichucky Valley


I met with Kim last evening, and we did a lot of driving the back roads, but the light was so bad and the winds so high I got only one or two decent photos. Kim probably did better because she had enough sense to use a tripod. She wanted a pic of the old bridge at Clark's Creek, but a tree had blown down across the road and caused us to waste more than a half hour. By the time we got to the covered bridge in Elizabethton, it was very dark and I did not try to shoot. Again, she used a tripod and probably did ok.

We were to go out again this morning, but there is heavy overcast and misting rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be great weather and we will try again. I hope the rain doesn't knock the color from the trees; the mountains are quite beautiful in places.
----
By the way: The "Insanity runs in my family. It parctically gallops." quote I used for a title on Wednesday is by Cary Grant from the movie Arsenic and Old Lace. Grant was the best at making short sentences sound so profound and funny.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!

No comments:

Blog Archive